PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on site

nikita
04-04-09, 14:45
Is there any step by step guide on here that you can print out and read if you are having a panic attack? I would find it helpful if I had something like that when I am having an attack, especially when in my car or somewhere. You know, that I can read through to calm me down and reassure me etc? I used to have that book by Claire Weekes which was like my bible that I took everywhere and read when having a panic attack but ive lost it. :( so just wondered if there is anything like that here?

ElliotUK
04-04-09, 15:07
To be honest, the best cure of a panic attack is distraction, reading about it will, probably make it worse as your thinking about it and studying it more and more, too much knowlage can actually make you think/feel worse.

The one thing you need to remember is ''it will pass'' and your going to be fine, I know it may not seem like it, and you think of the worse situations. The symptoms are infact REAL to a point, its not mental feelings like some people falusly describe it like that, it's just the panic what causes the symptoms, more you panic the more symptoms, the less panic the symptoms go, therefore they are harmless.

Read a book, listen to music, watch TV, even go for a walk it all helps, you can try breathing slowly, but its easy said then done, I know LOL!!!

Talking to somebody to distract you is a good way to feel at ease and calm yourself down.

Whatever makes you feel relaxed basically and takes your mind of things.

It's funny because as soon as you get professional reassurance your panic goes (well mine does and alot of peoples do) your brain takes in that there's nothing to panic about and nothings going to happen. that confort is amazing, feels like a 10 pound weight off your back.. but I learned not to waste there time when they could be saving peoples lives and not see me when mine's not in the slightest of danger.

You just need to think about these things, not work on the panic as it will still be there.

This is my point of view.

nikita
04-04-09, 15:11
Thanks Elliot.

nomorepanic
04-04-09, 18:59
This is on the website...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=whattodo