PDA

View Full Version : ive had enough!!!

liz24x
04-04-09, 18:34
I just dont know what to door who to turn to anymore, i really cant breath and its constant!!! yet every time i goto the drs my blood oxygen is 98-100 imso frightened i have noenergy and imalways tired which is not good when i have a 2 yr old son tolook after!!! I just wondered if anyone else has had this constant breathlessness and gotover it?ivetried everything deep breathing, paper bag you nameit :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

nomorepanic
04-04-09, 19:19
Yes I used to get it and it is to do with the way you breathe

It has to come from the abdomen and not the chest.

Have you tried the breathing excercises on the webpages here?

liz24x
04-04-09, 20:16
yes,i haveit doesnt seem to help perhaps im doing it wrong

eurotrashcub
04-04-09, 21:40
Hello liz

Are you taking any medication for your anxiety?

As the problem is not physical, because you have been checked by your doctor, you neeed to deal with the problem as anxiety.

Breathing exercises are good, but you need to practise everyday and make sure you do it properly.

Also, you need to accept taht there is nothing wrong with your breathing and accept your doctor's diagnosis and try to move on and ensure you are aware that this is 100% anxiety related.

I feel for you because I have had this symptom and i hated it.

You will be fine, it's just the getting there that is a struggle

Hugs

liz24x
04-04-09, 21:52
thanks hun, no im not on meds, i do try the breathing excersizes a few times a day, i just get so scared thinking CONSTANT breathlessness cant just be anxiety perhaps that where im going wrong xxx

KAREN L
04-04-09, 22:13
I feel for you as i used to get this its so scarey!

Mine was a mixture of anxiety and low iron stores.

Have you had any blood tests lately?

I was borderline anemic, symptoms are feeling very tired and breathless!!

I now take iron tabs and 90% of my breathing probs have gone.

Stay calm and let me know how u get on.xx

eurotrashcub
05-04-09, 00:13
Liz

Have you considered medication?

I was almost housebound for a year and a total mess until I gave citalopram a go. I was so anti meds.

It changed my life. I still struggle, but i've had the best years of my life since i went on it... to me it was a miracle.

Good luck

lisad77
08-04-09, 14:14
I just dont know what to door who to turn to anymore, i really cant breath and its constant!!! yet every time i goto the drs my blood oxygen is 98-100 imso frightened i have noenergy and imalways tired which is not good when i have a 2 yr old son tolook after!!! I just wondered if anyone else has had this constant breathlessness and gotover it?ivetried everything deep breathing, paper bag you nameit :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:hi there ur not alone hun i get this every day with fast and slow heart rate dizzy off balance feeling or being sick, when i get short of breath i get pain and tightness in chest aswell it is horrible and u do feel so alone because u just feel like ur the only one going through it and ppl say u will fine it will pass but to us who suffer it neva does and it makes us more scared cuz we start thnking the worse like is it a heart attck stroke or am i just goin to die so ur not alone chick im sat here now with pain and tightness in chest pain in arms and shoulder blades feel like cryin or doin somethng to stop it all 2 gether x