PDA

View Full Version : I need advice...

Sheltoes
04-04-09, 20:35
Hey everyone, after feelign ok for a week or so I have been having a rough couple of weeks with anxiety, every little twinge i feel I think is something major esp heart attack and i feel so wierd all the time, trouble is in two weeks and 3 days I am supposed to be going to new york for a week with my sister for her birthday, something she has been waiting for, for so long, I don't no how I am going to deal with it, firstly im scared ill have a heart attack or get DVT on the plane, then im scared that if I do get there all I'll do is freak out and need to go into hospital and it will completley wreck the experience for her, New York is a place ive always wanted to go, I no its only 7 days but the way ive felt this last week has knocked me completley, The panic attacks ive been getting have started with a deep burning sensation in the back of my neck which spreads through me does anyone else get this? Has anyone got any advice, for getting through the flight at least?
Im so scared but i really want to do this
sorry for the disjointed message xxx

eurotrashcub
04-04-09, 21:33
Hello

I am sorry you are feeling unwell.

Firstly, are you getting some treatment for your anxiety?

Sexondly, a quick fix, would be to tell your GP about what is happening and ask him for a tranquiliser (diazepam for example) to take with you and use it as needed while on holiday to help you cope.

This is a short term solution and I am sure your GP will be happy tp prescribe it if you explain to him what is going on.

This kind of medication should not be taken long term, however.

Good luck

ps: you will not have a heart attack or get DVT but deep inside you already know that, so there is not much point in me reassuring you