PDA

View Full Version : Numb Spots?????

queencyrka
04-04-09, 22:13
I have moments from time to time where parts of my skin or whatever, between the size of a quarter to the size of a softball, go numb (not tingly) all of a sudden and it usually goes away within a few minutes.....it freaks me out. It started happening about 2 years ago It happens about once every two weeks and sometimes more often. I don't know how to exactly describe the feeling.......Does anyone else have this happen to them or something like it??????:shrug:

NoPoet
05-04-09, 19:50
Hi, if it's been going on for years it is highly unlikely there is anything to worry about. Any serious problems would have made itself known long ago.

I've not personally had this symptom, but if it puts your mind at rest you should have a word with your doctor, then you can put it behind you and forget about it :)

lesleya
05-04-09, 21:00
Hi hun
I get a similar thing where sometimes part of my lip might go numbish or the side of my face or head or the back of my hand, but i find this is worse when im feeling really anxious or if i get myself panicy. It seems to go away when im relaxed or not thinking about it so i put it all down to axiety.
Have you mentioned it to your gp? it wmight be worth it if its going to put your mind at ease a little.
Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care
xxx

queencyrka
08-04-09, 23:34
Hi hun
I get a similar thing where sometimes part of my lip might go numbish or the side of my face or head or the back of my hand, but i find this is worse when im feeling really anxious or if i get myself panicy. It seems to go away when im relaxed or not thinking about it so i put it all down to axiety.
Have you mentioned it to your gp? it wmight be worth it if its going to put your mind at ease a little.
Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care
xxxThank you so much! I get the lip thing alot , too. And my parts of my face thing as well. I always think I'm about to have a stroke or something, lol. Thank you :)

queencyrka
08-04-09, 23:37
Hi, if it's been going on for years it is highly unlikely there is anything to worry about. Any serious problems would have made itself known long ago.

I've not personally had this symptom, but if it puts your mind at rest you should have a word with your doctor, then you can put it behind you and forget about it :)

Thank you :) and your right. Since it's been going on for years I should feel better about all this. Plus, I've had blood tests done in the last 2 years and everything is supposedly good with me but it still freaks me out, lol

hopeseed
09-04-09, 00:46
I get them too. Just like you said golf ball to soft ball size. My lips go numbish and someitmes it even spreads to my neck and even mouth! I know I'm anxious but I think I got so used to feeling anxious that I don't think I am particularly at the time so it really weirds me out. I've had lots of tests too all fine, but I still wonder and start to worry again when a symptom comes up.
Do any of get them on places on your back?

queencyrka
11-04-09, 01:49
I get them too. Just like you said golf ball to soft ball size. My lips go numbish and someitmes it even spreads to my neck and even mouth! I know I'm anxious but I think I got so used to feeling anxious that I don't think I am particularly at the time so it really weirds me out. I've had lots of tests too all fine, but I still wonder and start to worry again when a symptom comes up.
Do any of get them on places on your back? I get them alot on my face, upper arm, wrist, back of neck and I actually have started feeling them on my back and legs as well.....it sucks, I hate it.