PDA

View Full Version : Doing everything in super-speed

jbond1978
05-04-09, 13:10
Hi everybody

Sometimes I get this bout of doing things in ultra-fast speed, like there's a little voice inside or part of me saying 'Hurry up! faster, faster', and like I have to do things before... yeah who knows?... before something to come that I am not aware of what is. I think it's associated with mind chatering, where the mind has a thousand thoughts to think at once...

Do you know this feeling, or is that exclusively mine?

All the best, Jens

CJH86
05-04-09, 13:18
I always do things quickly as i think that i am going to forget what i have to do next, or i think that something else is going to come up unexpected. I dont know if that is similar? i also think pretty much entirely visually, so my mind is always cluttered with way too many thoughts at once!!

NoPoet
05-04-09, 19:48
Hi Jens, sounds like you're the sort of person who works well under stress, but sometimes you go into "high temporal" where you think and speak ten times faster than other people can understand. It's just a reaction to stress. Nothing whatsoever to be afraid of.

When you go into high temporal, the best thing to do is slow your breathing and try to focus on one slow, gentle thought at a time. Avoid doing anything that will increase your stress levels, so drive at a moderate speed, listen to gentle music, keep a tight harness on your thoughts when they start to fly out of control.

If you're doing ten things at once try to get organised by keeping a list of tasks and putting them into priority order. Then do one thing at a time starting with the most important.

Most of all stay cool next time it happens cos there is nothing abnormal about feeling like that, you just want to rein yourself in a bit.