PDA

View Full Version : Cant think straight anymore

mike2512
05-04-09, 17:08
hi all,

Iv been on 20mg citalopram for 5 years and 3 weeks ago the doctor told me to up the dose to 30mg, iv been feeling horrible for months an couldnt see a way out until last week were i had 3 days were i felt normal, but then thursday i felt really dizzy, today iv been the worst iv felt for a long time! my heart has been beating really fast and iv been really dizzy/woozy. Iv been the doctors about 20 times since xmas and he puts it down to anxiety, my blood pressure is normal, i had blood test for throid which came back ok, my cholestorol is fine???? I cant stop myself thinkin theres is something seriously wrong! iv asked the doctor for more blood tests and a ct scan on my head but he has said no i dont need it. Iv been to every doctor in the practise and each one has said its anxiety which i think they just look at the computer before i go in and just go with what the other docs have said! I cant cope with this feeling anymore im constantly feeling woozy in my head an its like a pulse in my head. Im crackin up

Asha1979
05-04-09, 17:26
Hi Mike sounds like your anxiety is at a high at the moment and has been for months. The fact that there is nothing medically wrong with you would suggest that it is indeed anxiety. When I am anxious I often worry excessively about my health but when my anxiety is gone I dont worry about it. Can I ask why you have been on citalopram for 5 years? It just seems like quite a long time, did you ever try and withdraw from it in those 5 years? I guess the 10mg dose increase has to build up and that usually takes 4-6 weeks to feel the full benefit so you may have up and down days in between that is normal. You may need to give it a bit more time to settle in your system, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, god bless x

mike2512
05-04-09, 18:33
hi, iv tryed to cum off it a couple of times but the feeling i get is unbearable and the doctor keeps sauin i think u need to stay on them for a while yet. Just cant get my head round it bein the extra 10mg makin me feel this bad cos iv bin on 20mg for so long, Thnaks for the reply