PDA

View Full Version : Effexor did you have an ECG?

lostsoul
05-04-09, 19:45
Hi all

I'm considering starting on Effexor as my phyc has suggested it due to the fact that the 45mg of Mirtazapine is not working for my anxiety - in fact its getting worse (been on if for a year). I'm to the point now where I'm virtually housebound and about to loose everything unless I get back on my feet.

So long story short I'm considering the Effexor as I've tried SSRI's before and they did not agree with me at all!! Im wondering if anyone else is taking Mirtazapine with Effexor and does the Mirt lessen or aggravate the side effects in anyway? also I've read that you have to have an ECG before starting this med is that correct? as I live so distance from the hospital that the trip and the wait to be seen scares be enough.

I've had plenty of ECG's in the past when my anxiety was acute so not worried about the proceedure just the hastle of going for it.

Thanks for reading.

MyNameIsntRich
15-04-09, 05:26
I never have read that you need an ecg before starting effexor.

lostsoul
15-04-09, 09:55
Just some NHS guidelines I was reading somewhere on net they were written in 2006 though when I think there was some concern about Effexors potential to slightly raise blood pressure.

It looks like I wont need one of those then thank god!!:D

Pendragon
30-07-10, 09:15
my GP has told me I should have an ECG two or three weeks after starting the meds. Bit of a pain, but al least no needles will be involved!

Dahlia
31-07-10, 11:55
I was on Effexor for 2 years, but never had an ECG. Just as I was about to come off of it, I mentioned to my GP that I had a very fast pulse rate, which he said was probably the Effexor, and he would send me for an ECG once I was off of it. (He's forgotten lol)

Dahlia