PDA

View Full Version : At last........an interview!

jollywalrus
10-08-05, 08:46
As some of you know I have been trying to get a part time job for about the last year. I have always been very honest on my medical forms and admitted my problems, and although medical problems should not be discriminated against, interestingly I have never been invited for interview. This time the medical form came after the invitation to attend and interview. Interesting, isn't it?

I would love this job. I am by no means cured, but I can manage much more than I could a year ago and feel it would move me even further forward. I just want to have a go at it, but my interview skills are probably not that up to date. I will let you know how I go. Any tips would be handy.

Best wishes,
Christine

Meg
10-08-05, 12:13
Hey Christine

Many congratulations indeed.

When is the interview and whats it for ?

Glad to hear you've continued to make progress these last few months

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

bluesparkle
10-08-05, 12:32
just wanted to say well done on getting interview... and good luck...
will be thinking of you ... let us know how it goes
and yes it is very interesting about the medical forms!
im sure you will do ok...
rach

seh1980
10-08-05, 16:25
Well done and good luck!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Karen
10-08-05, 16:42
Hi Christine

Well done on getting the interview and I hope it goes well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

mirry
11-08-05, 11:53
Good luck with the interview and a good technique i learnt of paul mckennas "supreme self confidence" cd is:

when u go for your interview imagine the person whos doing the interview is wearing a big orange wig and has a big red nose and when they talk they are talking with a high pitch squeeky voice.
It actually helps relax you keeping your mind busy whilst keeping a smile on your face.

mirryx

Piglet
11-08-05, 12:06
Fingers crossed for your interview.

Smashing to get this far!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

pips
11-08-05, 23:20
Good luck I hope it goes well for you.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X

michelleann
12-08-05, 14:01
well done and good luck, try mirrys advice its making me smile just thinking about it:D:D:D
love michelle xxx

nomorepanic
12-08-05, 14:33
Well done on the interview

My only tip is to remember that they want you as much as you want them. They have to impress you as much as you impress them. Ask them questions about their business and make sure you go having done some research about the company so if they say "what do you know about us" you won't be stuck for words.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

jollywalrus
12-08-05, 15:50
Hi All,
Thank you so much for all the advice. I have made a few cue cards with things I want to say about myself which I hope are relevant, because I know I will probably come out and say "I wish I'd said that!".

I am also having a huge problem what to wear! Being out of the workforce for so long and taking medication and guess what....I'M FAT!!
I was going for black trousers and a jacket, but my hips are out of this world, so I might wear a skirt now! I see whatever happens, I need to do some work in that department!!

Well, interview on Monday at 8.50. I will let you know how it goes.

Best wishes, and thanks again,
Christine

trace
14-08-05, 08:06
Good luck with the interview, I had one last week, and although I found it hard because of anxiety, I took rescue rememdy to help!

Beforehand I just focused on looking into what the company do, and looking up some 'often asked' interview questions on the internet - I found questions like: how do you cope with pressure, if you had a problem at work what would you do, how would a friend describe you, what are your good qualities, whats your greatest achievement etc. Luckily I had a think about these questions beforehand and they came up!

Sorry if this was no hep, I don't know what work you're going for, I was going for a junior role. It must have gone ok because I got a second interview.

Good luck and let us know!!!! x

pinkscrumpy
14-08-05, 21:50
good luck for tomorrow Christine

Will be thinking of you

:D:D

MANDIE XX

seh1980
14-08-05, 22:44
Good luck for tomorrow - let us know how it goes :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Sue K with 5
15-08-05, 12:59
you go for this!

you deserve it and irrespective of your problems ! if you feel you can cope with it then it is the right thing to do

Good luck and let us know how you go

sue with 5

scknight

Karen
15-08-05, 19:37
Hope the interview went well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Ambience
15-08-05, 22:00
Well done :) Good luck with everything Christine!!

Love Janey x

"There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid." "Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it." Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." "Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared." "Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death" "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

jollywalrus
16-08-05, 09:01
Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you so much for all your support and advice. Thank you too Trace who had the brilliant idea of looking up the most asked interview questions on the net, which I did .........and got asked the top three! Thank goodnesss for that idea!

The interview was ok I think. I did hear myself half way through and wonder if I was babbling a bit. It turned out I went to school with the lady doing the interview (thank goodness we were friends!) but I don't know if this is a disadvantage or what. All I know is I really want the job. The hours would be brilliant around the kids and I felt confident enough to be able to do it.

Got to wait a week now as they are interviewing until Friday. The phone rang yesterday afternoon and I ran to it thinking thay were so impressed with me that they had made their decision.......but it was a catalogue company!! Oh well, I can dream........

Thanks all, I feel a real sense of achievement.

Christine

Meg
16-08-05, 09:35
A huge success regardless of the outcome then !!

We're rooting for you and fingers crossed

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
16-08-05, 10:16
well done christine

fingers crossed

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

nomorepanic
16-08-05, 13:36
Fingers crossed for you and well done for doing it.

Let's hope the news is good eh?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

jollywalrus
18-08-05, 20:54
Evening everyone,

I GOT THE JOB!!!! I am absolutely over the moon. A bit apprehensive about travelling, but I think as I come to do it every day, then I will get more used to it. I have tried the bus and the train, and I think the train wins it for me.

Just wanted to say thank you to you all for your support and brilliant ideas. I tried to share my worries at home, but they don't really understand like you all do. I hope I'm on the up again after a difficult couple of years. Crumbs..... I got the job!!

Best wishes,
Christine

Meg
18-08-05, 20:59
Christine

Many congratulations indeed

I'm so thrilled for you . You have come a long way indeed !!!!

Well done

Meg xx

pinkscrumpy
19-08-05, 00:40
Well done Christine

That is great news

A big pat on the back to you.

Its even brought tears of joy to my eyes.

You did fab and we are all so proud.

[^][^][^][^][^]:D:D:D:D:D[8D][8D][8D][8D][Yeah!][Yeah!][Yeah!][Yes!][Yes!][Yes!]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

nomorepanic
23-08-05, 09:17
Christine

I am so pleased for you so well done!

When do you start etc?

Nicola