PDA

View Full Version : dizziness!

Fingerz
05-04-09, 21:30
Hey.

Ive had this constant dizziness for 9 days now. It seems to be worse when im tired but my neck hurts a bit as well. Mainly at the top of the spine. Im really worried ive got something seriously wrong. The dizziness feels more off balance and feels like its coming from my neck and ears. I havent got an ear infection as my GP had a look in them. Im also taking propranolol and citalopram but im sure its not a side affect from these. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks

nomorepanic
05-04-09, 22:40
Well I had it for over 2 years and it never went but nothing was found.

Correct breathing will help.

countrygirl
05-04-09, 22:51
I have told many people on here this and sorry for repeating myself but I have damage to my neck and many years ago I started with neck ache and diziness and constant feeling of off balance as if walking on a bouncy castle. I really thought I had either a brain tumour or ms but to cut a long story short after many years I had mri scans which showed no brain tumour etc but damage to cervical spine as in hernaited disc and arthritis ( spondylosis).
My neurosurgeon explained to me that anything that tenses the neck muscles from simple anxiety up to sort of damage I have affects the balance receptors in your neck bones and muscles and confuses your inner ear.

Nearly everyone with spondylosis complains bitterly about dizziness.
So you probably only have anxiety or a tense neck but just that can cause the dizziness.