PDA

View Full Version : hopefully a little uplifting..

hayley xo
05-04-09, 21:45
hello :)
well, I've been suffering quite badly for 9 months now with generalised anxiety disorder and depression.
I've been on prozac for almost five weeks now, and I am really feeling the benefits.
I feel like a new person, I feel so much more optimistic, and I can actually get out of bed in the morning now :)
I advise anyone that is finding the first few weeks on prozac hard to stick with it, because I found the first week and a half horrendous, I was panicking so much more and felt sick, had insomnia and couldn't eat, but despite this I stuck with it, and it honestly is so good.
But on the other hand, I guess it's not for everyone.
Just thought I'd share my happiness :)

Cat80
06-04-09, 10:17
I've been on Fluoxetine for 4 weeks fo GAD and depression and feeling nothing other than tired all the time, sick, not sleeping etc. I've decided to stop taking them as of yesterday as I think after 4 weeks I should be feeling something but at the moment nothing.

So glad you've got somewhere with the tablets hayley, great that they do work for some people. I just wish I could find something to help with my GAD

jacks 6
06-04-09, 18:06
your post gave me a little hope im going through the nightmare of changing from mirtazipine to prozac and although only 5 days in the side effects are horrid, i will stick with it though and hope for the best

jackie

Juppster
07-04-09, 08:41
Thanks for posting a positive story hayley...its great that you are doing so well!!

Cat80, im so sorry you are still feeling so bad...the only thing that really seemed to help with my anxiety was and is CBT....not sure if you 've gone down this route already?

My doc has actually just put my fluox dose up to 40mgs which i am a little bit apprehensive about but am willing to give anything a go at the moment to try and beat this depression......how have you been feeling since stopping your meds?

Speak soon xx

Cat80
07-04-09, 09:55
Juppster, thanks for the reply. I am on a waiting list for CBT but it's a 5 months wait so won't get anything until at least August. I don't feel any different since stopping the meds yet as I think they are still in my system (they stay in the system for 3 to 6 days). I've only been 3 days free so far (took my last one on Saturday) and hoping that the nausea, heightened anxiety and tiredness I had while on these tablets will go away soon.

Hope the 40mg really helps you, I'm sure they will. I would have stuck with them for the depression if it wasn't for the fact it was making my anxiety worse. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

hayley xo
07-04-09, 23:36
Hi Jackie,
yeah I'd advise sticking with it for at least another week, unless the symptoms get too unbearable.
I found it absolutely awful at first, but now I've been so much happier, and I haven't cried in weeks, whereas before I took the medication I was crying a few times a day.
I feel like my anxiety is a little better now, before I started the medication I couldn't leave the house, but I'm slowly able to go out again :)
hope everything works out for you!

hayley xo
07-04-09, 23:37
+ thank you to Cat80 and Juppster :)
I guess it doesn't work for everyone, hope you find something that works a little better soon!

goldilockz
13-04-09, 13:07
HI Hayley,
Thanks for sharing your story. I've been on prozac for 3 weeks now and honestly, don't notice a difference, despite having high hopes. I have had one or two good days but that's about it, generally still feel very anxious, quite down in the dumps, low self-esteem, don't want to get out of bed etc. How long did it take before you began to see results?
Thanks,
Jenny

hayley xo
24-04-09, 00:59
hi :)
sorry I haven't replied in a while
it took about six weeks for me
hang in there :)
hope you're feeling a bit better now