PDA

View Full Version : Abscess on jaw?

phil06
05-04-09, 22:39
Somebody at work told me It looks like I have an Absess along my law line. Just on one side of the cheek. I have nothing sore but I told my mum and she noticed and said the same. They said it's like a lump but I notice nothing.

Do I need to worry, they are saying doctors and stuff will I be ok? :ohmy: :blush:

eurotrashcub
05-04-09, 22:49
Phil generally abcesses are really really painful.

Does it hurt when you press it?

You should have it checked out if it is painful or lasts for more than a few days but I would not worry too much about it.

Call NHS direct and speak to a nurse. They will tell you if you need to see a doctor and they are open 24 hours a day.

phil06
05-04-09, 22:55
Thanks.

No nothing painful just people making me worry. I suppose I'd know if it was painful.

Just a comment someone made at work and then I said to my mum she agreed and said I need a doctor. I can't see why. :wacko:

phil06
06-04-09, 12:28
I am still a bit worried by this.

I started googling last night and found all sorts gum disease and mumps and abscesses.

I am sure they come with symptoms but maybe it's a normal swelling and will go? Any ideas? I don't seem to have any symptoms. :shrug:

eurotrashcub
06-04-09, 15:01
DO NOT GOOGLE!

How about you call NHS direct? Speak to a nurse and she will tell you what you should do...