PDA

View Full Version : Hello

bootsy
05-04-09, 23:31
Hello everyone,

Im a 31 year old male living in Cardiff. I have mild to severe SA and Health anxiety and panic attacks due to this. I have done for last 4 years now. Sometimes im fine other times its bad. I get it through it fine usually. It does restrict me but not too much anymore, just with certain areas of my life such as things that make me nervous anyway such as performing/public speaking etc are intensified due to the worry of panic attacks.

I tend to find the more I admit to the problem the worse it gets when im feeling ok but when its bad I need to address it.

The good news is I am much better than what i was a year or two ago. So things are on the up. I just want to try and eliminate more of it.

I am much more aware of fear now. Before i knew it was anxiety I didnt have panic attacks but I was very stressed and angry. The good thing that has come from all this is that I am much more aware of my stress levels and my body and my fear. For this reason I am optimistic and when I do finally conquer most of it I think i will be more fearless than when I was not anxious. Its just that I have become more sensitive to fear.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

kittykat
06-04-09, 17:40
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here that really does help a lot, the chatroom is also very good , take care xx

Southern_Belle
06-04-09, 18:07
Hi Bootsy,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Veronica H
06-04-09, 21:25
:welcome: Bootsy. Glad that you have found us. This is a friendly place with great advice and support.

Veronica

bootsy
06-04-09, 22:32
hello all

thanks for you welcoming comments
x

Patty
08-04-09, 11:57
Hi Bootsy, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)