PDA

View Full Version : ringing in ears = sign of heart attack?

lovelife
06-04-09, 01:03
As usual it's my heart causing the worry =(
I keep getting a dull shot of pain in the left of my chest somewhere - i can't quite place it to front/centre/back. Due to a headcold a month ago ( i think) i have titinus (ringing in ears) - and i read somewhere that it can be a sign of heart problems. So in true HA style- i'm worried!

It's keeping me awake =( i worry if i fall asleep i won't wake up again.
Other threads show it's probably anxiety- but i feel perfectly happy and relaxed until after the pain. Only 19 =(

Nicola_lou
06-04-09, 02:56
It anxiety I get the sharp like stabbing pain and tightness sometimes my left arm goes into a cramp and that gets you going. As the the ringing in the ears I've had it for 3 months off and on I'm still here. Your fine just anxiety playing tricks horrible I no.

xfilme
06-04-09, 03:06
Ive had tinnitis all my life.... probably due to noise abuse :P Im still alive.... no heart conditions to report x

nickieb
06-04-09, 09:39
Morning

You probably have cattarrh due to a head cold its not heart problems, if it was you would know about it believe me.

Some tips>

Steam a few times a day, taking big deep breaths.
Try a nasal spray such as beconaise
have some nice hot baths with lavendar & relax.
Try & relax & remember its just your ears & ot your heart hun.

nic xxx

belle
06-04-09, 09:51
I've had tinnitus for almost a year, constantly. Never heard it was heart related....flipping hope it isn't!!!!!!!!!

CJH86
06-04-09, 10:49
Ive never heard that one either :shrug: Ive had tinnitus in my left ear from ear infections years ago. The only way i could see it havin anything to do with heart is if you can hear pulse in your ear, but even then that is a pretty normal thing to have....when you're anxious pulse increases more blood pumped around body etc

From what i know a heart attack is not really a shot of pain but a gripping pain that can spread to the jaw and down the left arm, besides that most of the time it s accompanied by other symptoms.

A shot of pain maybe indicates a nerve or muscle - if you did a lot of coughing with the cold, then that can cause irritation.

Also if your anything like me, i get horrid indigestion and acid reflux when im anxious and for a while after a bad spell...this tends to give me a wave of pain in my chest. IBS can even cause a pain in the left side of the chest. There are many different causes of chest pain other than heart stuff and even if you dont feel anxious, your body can remain 'on guard' as to speak a long while after the anxiety goes.

gSage
17-02-10, 19:47
While I was in a heart center recovering from my heart attack, I met a gentleman that had just had his sixth stent put in! He told me his 6th heart attack had symptoms like none of the first 5. That one started with no other symptoms other than ringing in the ears.

SmartyPants
17-02-10, 23:10
Yes but he probably had that 'just prior to' or during the event, not for days/weeks/months/years before.

looking4answers
18-02-10, 03:14
if it is im a DEAD MAN..I have had it 30 years..

Southern_Belle
18-02-10, 05:02
I also have tinnitus for decades and have absolutely no heart problems at all, got mine from an ear infection. My Dad also has it and no heart problems and he is in his seventies, he got his from a virus, so says his doctor. Please try to not focus on this, it is your anxiety talking.

It if is keeping you from sleeping, white noise helps at night.

Best wishes,

Laura

giclee12
18-02-10, 14:15
It Can Also Happen Because Of Gas.