PDA

View Full Version : After being checked for everything, I still feel anxious! IS that crazy?

danna
06-04-09, 05:06
I've been to the doctor so many times that I lost the count. Last month I did a bunch of tests with a cardiologist because I have palpitations and my family has history of heart problems.
So.. I did : Stress test and a heart ultra sound that came out ok...
and then I had a heart monitor for 24hours and I caught one palpitation and I don't have the results yet...

My doctor pretty much said that my heart is healthy but somehow I don't believe it.. specially when I am having palpitations like today!!!!
What do you guys think?

Trixie
06-04-09, 06:41
I've been to the doctor so many times that I lost the count. Last month I did a bunch of tests with a cardiologist because I have palpitations and my family has history of heart problems.
So.. I did : Stress test and a heart ultra sound that came out ok...
and then I had a heart monitor for 24hours and I caught one palpitation and I don't have the results yet...

My doctor pretty much said that my heart is healthy but somehow I don't believe it.. specially when I am having palpitations like today!!!!
What do you guys think?

I think you should believe the doctors. My mum had a coronary when I was 9 I went round telling everyone in the village that she was having a baby. She died.................37 years later and in between led a happy and fulfilled life.

If we worried about everything our lives would be a misery. Try to believe the doctors and the machines otherwise is there any point in having the tests done?