PDA

View Full Version : eeyore

eeyore
06-04-09, 11:45
hi,i am new to the website.i have been suffering from anxiety for almost five months now.at first it was the odd panic attack which has now led to me being constantly anxious all day everyday.i feel very lonely as my husband doesnt understand what i am going through and cant stand to be around me.i also have 3 children who i am struggling to cope with.i have suffered from depression for years so i was already on anti depressants which my doctor changed recently .i am now taking sertraline and diazepam 4 when the anxiety is unbearable. i cant say the sertraline is having much effect though.
at my worst i feel like im going mad and am losing control.this is really scary. ive always been a shy person but now i cant bear going out and seeing people.
anyway enough of my moaning .its given me a boost knowing im not the only one going through this. hoping theres a light at the end of the tunnel.xx

PoppyC
06-04-09, 12:10
Hi eeyore! Welcome to NMP! :welcome:
I am sorry you are feeling like you are. A lot of people cant understand what we go through I feel unless they have experienced the horrors of anxiety and depression for themselves. Men can be pretty useless too when it comes to women and their feelings (no offence to all the wonderful men out there who are not useless and who are amazingly supportive and understanding!) :yesyes:
I find this site to be great, with so many people on here who are helpful and friendly and who offer some really good advice based on their own experiences of what they are going through and have gone through. We are all in similar situations here and so can relate to one another's problems. People in my life dont have a clue about anxiety and how I feel, as they have never suffered, so I find this a great place to talk about how I am feeling.
I hope you will find NMP to be of a lot of help for you! :)

kittykat
06-04-09, 17:41
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here that really does help a lot, the chatroom is also very good , take care xx

Southern_Belle
06-04-09, 18:09
Hi Eeyore,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Veronica H
06-04-09, 21:22
:welcome: To NMP. Glad you have found us. you will find great support here.

Veronica

Patty
08-04-09, 11:54
Hi eeyore, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I can totally relate to how you feel when you say:

at my worst i feel like im going mad and am losing control.this is really scary. ive always been a shy person but now i cant bear going out and seeing people

I have found that reading of the experiences of others & all the information on here has been a great help in helping me to deal with this. It is such a relief to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling.

Best wishes :flowers:

eeyorelover
08-04-09, 17:11
Welcome to the site!
I'm sure you'll find loads of useful info and a lot of great new friends here :)

It's nice to see another Eeyore on the site :)
xxx
Sandy