PDA

View Full Version : Please someone help,I can't take this.

Wee-Mee
06-04-09, 13:43
I read the thread about moles and I have been wondering on off about some freckles ad things that I have and I have one on my face and it has botehred me for a a year or so.

I have had one on my leg and that's bothered me too and nowone on my arm and I did the "g" word and I'm actually really convinced I have some sort of skin cancer. Honestly.

My things look the same as the pictures! And I am scared oh .I have made myself sick,

I felt a bit better,I did now this.

I can't take this.

Someone advice anyone.

I can't take it.

I'm quite freckly anyways but now these look odd. I'm terrified.:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep: You can shout at me for googling I know I am but before googling I have thought about in the past before even when i felt ok but didn't do anything.

What if it's too late?

I have a rashon my chest now aswell and neck. That started two days ago

Wee-Mee
06-04-09, 13:55
I have to go to docs tomorrow. I will make appointment. They will probably laugh at me :(

It really is my own fault for being like this. I dunno :?(

debster20
06-04-09, 14:00
hi wee mee!! u will be fine just try and calm down and rationalise things.. if the mole has been there a year or so it highly unlikely to be the dreaded big c!! dont look at them pics or google coz u will make sure u got every symptom!! i often get new little moles and was like u petrified everytime i spotted a new one!! what put my mind at rest tho i went swimming with the kids and there was people in there costumes absolutly covered in big huge moles so in comparrison mine were quite normal!! try not to woory so much u will be fine... if its really bad go to the docs and get it checked, just ask yourself how often u feel like this and its just HA playing its wicked game again!! hope u feel better xxx

Wee-Mee
06-04-09, 14:05
I'm worried to the heavens now :'(

I actually feel sick.

I think I'll ask my partner to block google and other search engines to be honest for a little while til I get out this habit..But yes..I actually think this is kin cancer.. It's like,freckles but look a bit raised.

I have had one on my thigh for years and I didn't take any notice then I remember a year or two back it looked odd but I shut itout. God knows how.

I have a freckle on my face and it started growing a hir out it too a year or two aswell and I kind of cut it and then another hair grew out! :weep: :weep:

I'm so freightned and I have one on my arm now and it looks like a bit is darker in it.

:'( I honestly give up. All of htis has got a grip of me

STEPHYUNO
06-04-09, 14:10
Hi honey, you are safe and among friends here, so try and focus on slow deep breaths. i take it you havn't been to the doctors because you are scared of what you may hear and I understand that totally, but it would be better than letting all these nasty thoughts run through your head. very few of these moles are actually cancerous. I have had a few checked out myself so I know some of what you may be feeling, but it is very unlikely and even if it was the case babe, they generally are treated successfully.
I think you should try and be brave honey, make an appointment and maybe take a friend. I know that seems daunting, but you can't go on worrying yourself like this, I also suspect that the rash has come from the stress and worry too. It's probably nothing which will stop you worrying and even if it is it is best you be brave and get it seen to, try and stay strong and positive, hugs Stephen x

RosieXXX
06-04-09, 14:16
Hello Wee-Mee,

Although i know this probably won't be much comfort to you at the moment, because your anxiety is running high, please remember melanoma is relatively uncommon, and the chances of you having a problem is very low indeed, especially since you have noticed these moles a while back - by now they would have changed quite dramatically. Try to make a promise to yourself not to google anymore, because it only ends in disaster, it ends up feeding your anxiety. It is difficult not to do it, I know, but try really hard because it will help you to begin to take control of the anxiety.

Since you are seeing your doctor tomorrow, i think it would be a good idea to let him look at the moles which are bothering you, at least you can have some peace of mind. I am sure he will not laugh at you, he knows you are suffering from anxiety, and he will want to give you some reassurance.

:hugs:

bex1970
06-04-09, 14:55
Hi Wee-Mee

I went for a mole check last week. I had a few weird freckles on my legs that I was concerned about. The nurse was fantastic and did a thorough check of all my moles and freckles (and believe me, there are several!). I had one she thought was changing a bit so she sent off the picture to the dermatologist. I was called the next day and told that it was fine but to keep an eye on it as it was changing slightly. Because I am such an anxious person, I asked the poor nurse endless questions. Firstly, she told me that moles/freckles that grow hair are rarely cancerous. Secondly, she told me that some larger freckles can look darker in the centre because of the hair follicles. Thirdly, and most importantly, she told me that melanoma is quite rare - and even if a mole is cancerous - it can be cut out and dealt with very quickly - without it having spread - just because a mole is cancerous/ or dodgy - does not mean the rest of your body has it. It takes a long time to get to that stage.

Also, if you want your moles checked - some Superdrug stores have a mole checking system (so you don't have to go via your GP) and so do some other chemists (larger Boots stores do too.). The nurse told me that the GPs are good but that a mole checking system is preferable - as the nurses that do them know exactly what to look for.

I think it's because you read the thread on moles that you have started panicking and I think it's really unlikely you have anything to worry about but as another reply said, even if the moles are a bit strange - they can be cut out, with next to no hassle or pain, and you will be fine......

Try not to panic.... moles are funny things - and our minds are good at making us see things that aren't there! A lot of the weird skin patches I thought were worrying, the nurse told me were just little patches that happen as you get older and nothing at all to be concerned about....

j2
06-04-09, 17:27
Sorry to hear your anxiety is running full steam ahead right now. I have gone through the mole worries myself and everything was fine. Like many of us, I tend to look to google too much when I am really scared. I am a computer professional and what I would reccomend is setting up your HOSTS file to automatically redirect your computer to nomorepanic.co.uk everytime you type in google.com. This type of thing helps me at least pause before I do worthless searches. Of course there are ways around this technique but for me, a simple search or post on nomorepanic does wonders for me. Please try to relax. When I am really caught up the HA spiral, I will go for a run and run myself into the ground. This much effort forces me to break out of my anxiety fueled mania.

Anyway, you are not alone and we won't judge you. Please keep us posted on how you are doing and don't feel like any question or comment is too small. Good luck and God bless.

NoPoet
06-04-09, 18:00
Wee-Mee, stop scaring yourself :)

Think about this logically. You have identified a possible problem and have made an appointment to see a doctor as soon as possible. You will be amazed how many people simply give in to fear and ignore stuff like this for weeks and weeks.

You have done the right thing. The doctor will check it out and if they are even remotely concerned they will simply arrange for the mole to be removed.

If they are not concerned, don't even bother looking at the mole again. It's not worth your time.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow and forget about worrying, there is no point, you are literally doing everything you can at this time and you will know by this time tomorrow.