PDA

View Full Version : Group sessions help?

wave
10-08-05, 14:36
Hello everyone.. I am new this site.. I am 41 yrs old, and i suffer from depression.

I went for my first therapy session yesturday.. a one on one with a really nice lady.. we talked for 2 hours.. then she recommended i join two group sessions.. and another one out of the hospital..

I am much better with one on one. not so sure about these group sessions.. has anyone here benefited from group thereapy?

I know i go to chat rooms, not the same thing as i see it.. but it does help talking... just not so sure it would help me with ppl in the same room as me.. u know what i mean..

Would it help? Any input is appreciated

wave

Meg
10-08-05, 15:06
Hi Wave ,

Glad you've found a therapist you like and can work with .

It sounds like an awful lot all at once, from nothing - maybe start one group and get used to that before starting the another 2.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
10-08-05, 15:49
Hi Wave

Welcome aboard

MANDIE XX

wave
10-08-05, 16:03
Thank you Mandie....... its good to get a welcome like that.. other places i have been online, they are not as friendly......... i am sure now that i have come to the right place.... and i look forward to meeting lots of new friends..

Thanks again

Wave...( Shirley )

Karen
10-08-05, 16:38
Hi Shirley

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

wave
10-08-05, 16:44
Thanks Karen... :)
Shirley

sal
10-08-05, 23:40
Hi Wave

Welcome to the site and so pleased you have found someone you can talk to. Hope it works out for you and we are all here to help you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

pips
11-08-05, 11:01
Hi Wave,

A BIG warm welcome to the site i hope it helps you.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X