PDA

View Full Version : success after 6 months

jocutts
06-04-09, 17:10
Hi all i just want to let you all know we can all get through this.
I started off with a tummy virus in Oct and have been suffering terrible with constant high anxiety ever since, it lead straight into health anxiety and so like many others i thought i had every worse illness under the sun. my days have been dark and really hard to get through with the anxiety so overwhelming i did'nt move off the sofa all day and was too scared to go out of the house.
One week ago i decided i would walk out of my back door and around to the front door which takes about 2mins!! I did this and built on it over a couple of days, then i took my son to the end of the drive to get the school bus, i then took him too the bus stop and said hello to mums, the next day i went and stayed for 10mins chatting, since then i have visited my parents and drove to the shops alone, and also went to kids footie matches sat and sun,today i took my sons to toys r us for a treat as they have been wonderful over the last 6months, we live out of town in a village so it was a 30 min journey there and back!! The anxiety has lowered so much just keeping busy, if anyone out there is the same as me please give it a go, i won't pretend the first few days were easy cause they were horrendous but once you look back and see what you have done and nothing bad has happened doing it, it gets easier. Hope this helps someone and if anyone wants to pm me they can.
Good luck to all.
Jo.xx:yahoo:

yanksforever
06-04-09, 17:57
beautiful! im very proud of u.