PDA

View Full Version : Numbness of lips and mouth with light headedness

hopeseed
06-04-09, 17:15
Both of these symptoms together...plus toes and fingers fall asleep easily when I sit a certain way, I have weird little pains at different times in different parts of my body, and my digestion is all messed up...plus I have little muscle spasms in my face, arms, legs and a few times under by right breast...Good lord! When I write them all down, I just can't believe this is anxiety, could all this really be anxiety? I've had tests; nothing found.

Have any of you ever had numb feeling in lips and mouth?

Please tell me if any of you have had some or all of these, it would really help me. It's been 7 weeks for me, I'm almost used to the light headedness by now.
Thanks

NoPoet
06-04-09, 17:38
Hi, it sounds like hyperventilation -- do you notice weirdness to do with your breathing? Try to relax your breathing and slow yourself down. That should start to take care of the numbness, tingling and light headedness.

If the tests found nothing wrong you're probably just a bit anxious, so don't worry about it being anything serious, just keep your breathing regulated and chill, you're gonna be fine :D

hopeseed
06-04-09, 18:20
Hi, it sounds like hyperventilation -- do you notice weirdness to do with your breathing? Try to relax your breathing and slow yourself down. That should start to take care of the numbness, tingling and light headedness.

If the tests found nothing wrong you're probably just a bit anxious, so don't worry about it being anything serious, just keep your breathing regulated and chill, you're gonna be fine :D

Thanks, the only reason I wonder if it is not hypervenalation is because it is constant. I mean the numb lips and mouth comes and goes, but the lightheadedness is always there, it never goes away, at times it is a little less or a lot more but it is always there. I think with hypervenalation it would be temporary and I do not breath too heavy either. Do you still think it could be that I'm breathing weird? I'm curious since I am always lightheaded even in the morening when I wake up.