PDA

View Full Version : side effects

jacks 6
06-04-09, 18:33
Hi
Does anyone have experience of coming off this cold turkey, i am on day 5 of trying this and side effects are horrendous, how long does it take to leave your system

jackie

ElizabethJane
06-04-09, 19:04
Hello I'm sorry that you are experiencing horrendous side effects coming off mirtazapine. I took two goes to come off it last year. The first time I came off reducing by tapering. Unfortunately I had to go back on it at 30mg as the panic and anxiety was so bad. The second time to my surprise my psychiatrist told me to stop it 'dead'. This however is not recommended. I had really bad panic attacks sleep walking and sleep disrturbance which lasted about two weeks. My psychiatrist gave me some valium to help with the transition. I suggest to have a chat with your GP/Psychiatrist to see if you can work out a plan for you to come off mirtazapine. I wish you well. You will need some support too.

macca78
07-04-09, 16:03
I've been on this for over 2 months now and I haven't encountered any major changes. But maybe I underestimated its effect with helping to sleep. I always wake up so drained and knackered on mirtazapine so I did not have one on Sunday night. Well, it took me 2 and a half hours to get to sleep but I woke up more refreshed. I had a mirtazapine last night, got to sleep in about 10 minutes but woke up feeling dreadfully tired. I want to come off it but the withdrawals sound intense!

jacks 6
08-04-09, 19:08
Hi
Thanks for replys im on day seven now of no mirtazapine and feeling a bit better the worst part for me is my temperature appears to go sky high and anxiety returns big time, but im going to persevere and hope for the best
jackie