PDA

View Full Version : breast lump - still so scared

pb
06-04-09, 19:16
Found a breast lump , now have appointment on Thursday, but soo scared.
GP thinks its a cyst , but keep thinking it must be cancer as im 45 and haven't any kids.
keeping looking on web - this doesnt help.
Feel that i really can't cope....

Trish
06-04-09, 20:02
Hi Pb

Sorry to hear you are going through this worry, but why would you think that being 45 and having no kids that it is cancer???

I am sure your gp has seen plenty lumps in his/her time and if they think it's a cyst they are no doubt right.

I know it's a worry waiting but it will soon be Thursday...i will be thinking of you.

Take care

Trish x

tashbarnes87
06-04-09, 20:59
Hi PB i just wanted to say i am going through exactlyu the same thing ( look at my other threads) my doc think its a cyst too. I dont think the doc would say its a cyst if she didnt think it was. Does it move at all? is it round and smooth?

xx

Jan63
06-04-09, 21:00
If your doctor thinks it's a cyst I would say he's probably right - they usually know the difference. I had one before Christmas and was absolutely convinced it was cancer cos it just wouldn't go away. I went to the doctors as soon as I found it and they left it a week and then I saw another doctor and she said she thought it was a cyst. She referred me to the breast clinic on the Friday night and on the following Monday they phoned me up with an appointment for the Monday after which panicked me a bit.:unsure: I had two mammograms and an ultrasound and then the consultant saw me again and told me the good news that it was a cyst after all and they would drain it for me right away. So I got my results within 3 1/2 hrs which I thought was brilliant because last time I had a lump which was 15 years earlier when I was 31, I had to wait two weeks for the results of a needle biopsy and the wait was horrible.:weep: I had a fibrodoma then which turned out to be benign but I opted to have it removed so I wouldn't keep worrying about it.

Is the lump moveable?

Jan63
06-04-09, 21:07
Hi PB i just wanted to say i am going through exactlyu the same thing ( look at my other threads) my doc think its a cyst too. I dont think the doc would say its a cyst if she didnt think it was. Does it move at all? is it round and smooth?

xx

Yes mine was round and smooth too - is that what yours is tash?

tashbarnes87
06-04-09, 21:35
Hi Jan, sorry to gatecrash thread but yes mine is round and smooth and if i push it it moves ever so slightly. I have been through hell and back this past 6 weeks so hopefully tommorow they will either send me to the breast clinic or leave it be. I do take comfort in knowing that 85% of lumps are benign x

Jan63
06-04-09, 22:09
Yes it sounds exactly like mine was Tash and it was just an harmless cyst - they just drain it although mine didn't go down right away and was a bit sore for a week or so after but its gone now. :)