PDA

View Full Version : New and struggling

bunnii
06-04-09, 22:19
Hi, I'm 22 and have been dealing with anxiety/depression for as long as I can remember really. I have been in-patient (for social phobia, self harm and eating disorder) and had various medications over the years, none of which seemed to make much of a difference. My eating issues were supposedly "cured" but now seem to be back and getting worse every day. I've now stupidly made myself scared to eat anything at all, from reading about people finding 'things' in their food :scared15: - yes I know, clever.

I am prescribed 100mg Sertraline but have not taken it in the past week because has done no good in the 4 or so months I've been taking it.
I was referred to a psych who was supposed to be discussing my err 'case' with his colleagues and finding someone more suitable (read; not a middle aged man) to help me, but that was over a month ago and I've heard nothing, so I assume they want nothing to do with me :rolleyes:

Phew, well I feel really whiny now so I'll leave it there:blush:

finny12000
06-04-09, 23:43
hi bunni and welcome to site
get on phone and pester them for a app immediately
plenty here meantime to keep you going
take care
finn

Southern_Belle
07-04-09, 12:43
Hi Bunni,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

kittykat
07-04-09, 15:15
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here and the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx