PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid Issue, I'm sick of this...

Dia
10-08-05, 22:59
This is my first post in this area, but since I'm here I've always wondered about this...
My entire life I have a fear that people think I am lying to them. It could be about anything. I feel the need to prove what I have said and I worry over wether they think I have lied. (It seems like a "social issue" )

I am a VERY honest person, but does anyone else worry about this? It's more than worry, really, it's how I live...I am sick of thinking like that.

If I knew there was a name for it or a cause of it, maybe I could start to deal with it. I am really tired of feeling like I have to prove myself all the time, to everyone. Then I ramble, trying to sound honest and sincere and then that makes me look crazy and like I really am lying! I've never been a liar, why do I have the complex of one???
D.

Johnnybravo
24-08-05, 22:40
I'm new here too, don't worry I sometimes think the same thing...your not alone. I end up all embarrassed for no reason.

I sometimes over explain and mumble...guess thats how some people are in social situations. I try to laugh at it latter and smile at how I must have looked...daft!

JB

stardust
07-09-05, 18:49
Hiya. Yeah sometimes i think that too, but i havent let it go out of hand,. Remember an obsession is when you let something go completely out of hand, try not to let it take over your well being. Just relax. As long as you know the truth its all that matters.

in1peace
08-09-05, 03:12
Wow! Dia! Me too! Glad to know someone else feels this way! I really have trouble with that too! I am definitely one of the most honest people you will meet, so I wonder why I feel that way? I started recently thinking it must be linked to how I was treated by some grown-ups as a child. Don't know. There's some trauma back there in my childhood.
Thanks for sharing that!

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

Jac
14-09-05, 11:08
Hi there, I understand how you feel, I have not got it as bad as you, but I know what you mean, you find yourself over explaining things because you are scared of the person thinking you are lying, when really you only need to say it as it is, and don't worry what they think, if you know you're telling the truth then stuff them, why SHOULD they think you are lying?

Try looking at other people and what they say to YOU, do you think they are lying? when they say something? and if not, then why? and apply that to yourself.

Hope this is some help.

J xx