PDA

View Full Version : kids crafts can be theraputic!

pinkpiglet
07-04-09, 09:14
My little boy is now almost 2 and a half and very much enjoys sticking and glueing, playdough, painting & baking. We'r well stocked up on collage & baking materials and other resources so we can do these activities whenever we want. My son is gaining lots of developmental skills whilst doing this as well as having fun and i also find that it helps me too. There is no right or wrong way to do kiddies art and its all about having fun so theres no pressure to be a budding artist. I'm not the worlds best baker but its simple to follow a recipe for plain sponge buns & who cares if they'r not perfect!!!
I was feeling particularly on edge at the weekend but with that came guilt that my son was going to miss out on an activity packed weekend. So, out came the Arts n Craft trolley and we had lots of fun just sticking bits and bats to paper and making bubble paint pictures. It took me a while to get into it because of my anxious state but i was soon caught in the activity and began to feel quite 'normal'. We also baked buns which my son decorated himself with icing and sweeties. They wouldnt have sold at summer fete, but we ate them!!!:yesyes: