PDA

View Full Version : referral apt today v worried :(

worriedem
07-04-09, 09:41
hi guys,

i have my referral apt late today and im am so worried, its for this anal fissure iv had since november which was bleeding on tissue every time i went to loo with only a sharpness felt. i kept going back to docs altho they werent worried and eventually got referred

i am so scared they re going to find a tumour :( am trying to think positive and think on a good note i have been on gtn cream for. month and have had no blood for 2 weeks so am starting to believe it was a fissure causing the blood

however altho i only go regularly once a day ifirst thing its v urgent meaning theres no way i could hold it in! on top of this i have had several instances of lower tummy cramps the kind that come in waves and are relieved by a bowel movement doc wasnst worried but i am terrified :(

kittykat
07-04-09, 10:10
Hi there, just wanted to wish yo good luck for later today, everything sounds fine and im sure you will be okay, as i've said before mum had bowel cancer it was a tumour and none of your symptoms fit at all , I also am the same in the morning can't hold it in and get the cramps but my doctor is not worried about it i think this is incredibly common. At least when you find out everything is okay you can put this worry behind you and start to feel so much better , peace of mind is all we really want. Tell us how you get on as I look forward to hearing the good news, take care xx

worriedem
07-04-09, 10:22
thanks for your words xxx

deb141
07-04-09, 11:16
I am sure you will be fine hun. I have a fissure and i get no trouble for a couple of weeks then it splits again !. I try and watch my diet but i am told they take ages to heal. Good luck, try not to worry.

worriedem
07-04-09, 20:14
wel had my apt!! all went well they did a rigid sigmoidoscopy and said apart from the two fissures everything looks normal and i have been discharged back to gp! altho i really wanted a proper scan i am going to try and move on now, as i am sure if she had the slightest doubt she would have referred me xx

Peggysl
08-04-09, 13:39
Fantastic news!

Pegs X

xfilme
09-04-09, 04:27
Hi,

my mum had an anal fissure for two years that was being treated with creams and antiseptic ointments and antibiotics..... in those two years nothing helped it. Eventually she was given surgery where they drain it with a piece of string that slowly gets drawn out (sorry, I dont know the technical terms). She never had a problem with it again x