PDA

View Full Version : New user

homebythefence
07-04-09, 09:42
I'vw been on Propranolol for my anxiety for around 2 months now, and have just been perscribed Fluoxetine.
And I am REALLY nervous about it.

Someone wanna reply with some uplifting happy thoughts?

My Mom was on it and suffered no side affects and even thought I've read plenty about Prozac, and the chance for anxiety sufferers getting the various side affects is always less than 2/10, I'm still scared.

Help please!

hayley xo
08-04-09, 00:07
you'll be fine :)
honestly!
I'm on propanolol too, and I was terrified of going on Fluoxetine at first.
For the first week and a half I felt a bit rough, but now I feel so much better.
I'm really happy at the moment, It's worked so well for me.
Hope it's the same for you :)

homebythefence
08-04-09, 10:29
Thanks for the reply :)

I'm on my second day and am doing pretty well, got a bit of a headache, but otherwise ok!

Cat80
08-04-09, 10:31
I was on Fluoxetine for 4 weeks for anxiety and to be honest it just made mine much worse and I felt sick and tired all the time (didn't kick in till about day 4). I stuck it out for 4 weeks but couldn't take anymore of it so am now 4 days without it.#

It works different for everyone but I have read that Fluoxetine isn't much use for anxiety more aimed at the depression side of things.

I would try it though as you could be one of the ones it works for. Just be prepared to feel worse for a while as with all anti anxiety meds. Good luck

nomorepanic
08-04-09, 10:39
I took it for a year and it helped with the depression but never touched the panic attacks.

Side effects were minimal and I stopped it one day without even withdrawing and was no worse off to be honest.

homebythefence
08-04-09, 21:54
So far I've had a headache, and starting to feel more anxietyish, which I really hope goes away asap because I have a long trip this Easter weekend :/

hayley xo
09-04-09, 00:42
I felt more anxious for the first week, but I've been on it for 5 weeks now, and I've found it has actually helped with my anxiety a bit, and the depression :)

homebythefence
11-04-09, 09:30
I've definetly noticed an increase in anxiety, had a panic attack during the night last night.

I seriously can't work out why I'm so freaked out about going away this weekend. It's a 40 minute drive today, and am staying at my grandparents till Monday and then it's a 40m drive home.

It is seriously freaking the absolute hell out of me. I think I'm just generally anxious about feeling anxious. I hope this picks up :(