PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawal or just feeling down?

Liza
11-08-05, 02:09
Hi,

I reduced my dose of Citaolpram from 20 mg to 10mg a week ago (under direction of my gp) and over the past couple of days have been unable to sleep and have been feeling really anxious. I cannot rationalise if this withdrawal or I am just feeling a bit off.

Earlier today I burst into tears over something very trivial and then decided to research on withdrawal on the web. It was such a comfort to see that I am not alone.

I am frightened of what feelings, emotions I will have without the drugs and what is normal?

Liza

eeyorelover
11-08-05, 03:34
hi Liza - I am so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. The only thing that I can suggest is to call your doctor and explain how you are feeling and see what he/she says. Please know that you are not alone and that if you need to talk someone is almost always here and believe me, we all know what it's like to feel really anxious.
Hope you feel better real soon.
Sandy
(eeyorelover)

Sarah-Jane
11-08-05, 09:29
Im so sorry your feeling so poorly, its horrible i know and very scary. I suggest you speak to or go and see your doctor and explain the feelings your having since reduction of the medication. In the mean time try some relaxation techniques like cds or something that soothes you ie listen to music or something. I know the symptoms can be quite severe and take over our lives in such a way, try to be strong honey you will get through this just takes practice and determination.[^]

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx

Meg
11-08-05, 19:52
You came down a bit quick really.

It will pass and Citalopram isn't a bad one to come off so bear with it as you're getting there but don't reduce any more for at least 3 weeks.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

bluebottle
12-08-05, 09:44
I was on 100mg of Lustral and cut it down by 25mg every two weeks. Sometimes every three weeks if I was feeling particularly vulnerable. I would have done it better if I had gone onto the liquid form of Lustral or an equivalent.

Its been about 19 days now and it isn't easy but I do know it will pass. I am using a combination of Kalms, the occasional Lorazepam, and sheer will power and ****** mindedness. Plus talking to friends about how I'm feeling.

If you need to "talk" Liza I'm always available, just email me. Or get me on MSN.

Oh, and if anyone tries to tell you A/D's aren't addictive tell them to take a hike!

--
Blue -
"Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."