PDA

View Full Version : Now I am scared....

Emira7
07-04-09, 17:51
Hey guys

Well I posted about my dodgy mole and the doctor referring me. Anyway, I had a call from my other half today saying the hospital have been trying to contact me urgently.

I called them, and I am being seen tomorrow at 3.30pm by the plastic surgeon.

I am absoultely terrified :-( I hope it nothing serious. I was seen by my doctor last Wednesday, so they are seeing me in less then a week basically.

Have everything crossed for me guys.....

kirstymc
07-04-09, 18:05
My dad went through something similar last year. He had a mole on his back that turned dodgy, he was referred to a clinic. His mole was cancerous, but they removed it, and an inch of tissue around it, and that was literally it. No other treatment. The whole thing was over with in about a fortnight, and he's absolutely fine! He's in his late 50s, the mole had been dodgy for ages, months at least. He's completely fine now, and I'm sure that you will be too, whatever the news may be tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you and crossing my fingers for you.

sahara
07-04-09, 18:15
I just read your old thread after being to the Drs...there you said how the Dr mentioned it would be a quick referral - thats probably why you have heard so soon.

They may have also had a cancellation that they wanted to fill which is why they called.

Doesn't mean its because they think its cancer.

A friend of my Mum and Dad's had a cancerous mole on her ankle and it had been growing and bleeding for a couple of months. She had it cut out and 20 years later she is still here!!

So even IF it was the worst case it will be gone by tomorrow and will have been caught in plenty of time. Better than waiting 2 or 3 weeks to be seen

xxx

mummyto4
07-04-09, 19:53
Oh please don't panic. Its the rules now. Anyone referred by a gp under these circumstances HAS to be seen within 2 weeks of being referred.... HONESTLY. I went through the same last year. They are just calling you to confirm and get you seen. Please don't worry its normal.

Emira7
08-04-09, 08:27
Hey

Thank you for your replies, I am at work, but in a bit of a state, truth be known, I am really struggling....

Its the Health Anxiety that just makes everything else seem about 10 times worse :-(