PDA

View Full Version : Chest pressure/heavy

Shelly80
07-04-09, 20:59
Okay, since I've joined this board, all of my posts have been about my heart so I'm pretty sure that anxiety is playing a role in what is now happening. But Its a new symptom and I'm scared.

Since last Friday at least, I've been having pressure and tightness in my chest around my heart. It radiates to below my ribcage. I only feel it really when Im' still, especially at night. Moving around actually helps it.

I am so scared that I am having the beginnings of a heart attack. I can't stop obsessing about it. I was crying on the phone with my stepmom last night (lucky for me we are close!) and she thinks its Acid Reflux and anxiety.

Does anyone else get the pressure in your chest? I wouldn't call it pain really, just squeezing (which is what google says is a HEART ATTACK). I pulled or pinched a muscle in my back last week and I also started a new diet. I started eating vegi-patty sandwiches daily. Maybe the food changes? I know my doctor isn't going to think its serious, it's always blamed on my health anxiety. This pressure is real though, its not in my head.

Just scared and bouncing around my thoughts.

nomorepanic
07-04-09, 21:21
Just to reassure you a heart attack pain is not felt near the heart it is in the middle so you are not having a heart attack.

If you were going to have a heart attack you would have had one by now - it is not something that comes and goes trust me.

You have tension and need to do some stretches.

and do NOT google please.

Shelly80
07-04-09, 21:31
Thanks for the reply. I think I just need some reassurance right now! When I feel this different sensation, the squeezing and pressure it got my HA mind racing with ideas about a heart attack.

Vanilla Sky
07-04-09, 21:34
You know the answer , it sounds like acid reflux causing you to be anxious, also the fact that it helps when you move around is an indication that it is muscular. You have changed your diet so you will find that it will affect your stomach and nicola is right stop googling!

Shelly80
07-04-09, 21:43
Thanks Paige. I know, I know. The google needs to stop. At first I do it kind of innocently, but then it just gets out of control.

Like I said, I know it is likely the anxiety but my head just goes directly to heart attack, even without google. Every one of us HA sufferes probably has memorized symptoms of a heart attack, when I feel squeezing and pressure it is the first place my mind goes before I even get to a computer.

So frustrating. Isn't it funny how I hope for Acid reflux?

Thank you both though for your support