PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

PixieL
07-04-09, 21:46
Hi all, was just wondering if anyone else felt like this. I often feel really faint and dizzy and out of it, and this makes me have panic attacks and feel even more like im about to faint. i constantly have sweaty hands when i feel like this and blurred vision/black spots. Fainting is my big fear. Dose anyone else have similler problems with feeling like this? and if so how do you cope? Thanks

eurotrashcub
07-04-09, 21:50
Hello

Although I used to get these symptoms for years, when I had agoraphobia, I do not have them anymore but I used to have them daily.

The best way to cope is to inform yourself, it is practically impossible to faint during a panic attack because your blood pressure goes high, so you cannot and you will not faint.

TRy to take a sit, realise that you are not fainting, chill a bit and once you feel better, continue with your day. One step at a time.

Medication was a big help. Are you taking anything?

Do not get frustrated, you can get better.

Chin up!

Sambapati85
07-04-09, 22:06
totally agree with euro. it is prety much impossible to faint when you are getting these feelings. I have been light headed all day everyday for almost 2months.. night is usually worse unless i am hanging out with people or out.. after all your tests come back clear.. try and distract yourself it will eventually go away.. i am still waiting for that day

justbananas
08-04-09, 04:26
also maybe this will help you - it's pretty certain that if you've not yet fainted as a result of panic/PA .. you won't start. it does happen rarely but if it's never happened to you during panic, you won't begin to faint now. you'll feel very lightheaded and near fainting (pre-syncope) but won't actually. knowing that in and of itself just might make u feel better.