PDA

View Full Version : blood poisoning

Maybe_Baby
08-04-09, 15:01
I know this may sound stupid (very stupid)
but i worry my self sick, about anything & everything!!

- 3 days ago i was walking my dog in the woods, and i just so happened to pick a stick to play 'fetch'. As i picked the stick up i got a big nasty thorn stuck in the end of my finger.. Thinking nothing of it i pulled it out.
The next day i was sitting and thought i could see part of the thorn stuck in my finger, so i squeezed and picked and tried to get it out (as yo do) .. but no luck. Then yesterday i woke up with a big blister (bigger than a 5 pence coin) and it looked to be filled with puss (eww i know) .. as the day went on the blister kept bursting (its on the bend of my finger, so everytime i bend my finger.. Pop!!) and every time it did, it seemed to come back bigger!! :(
Any way, i went to a&e yesterday as i had a full blown panic/anxiety attack, and as it happened the nurse seen my finger, took a look, and gave me fluxi...something antibiotics and said it was slightly infected.

Since then i have had this crazy thought 'what if i have blood poisoning' .. i googled the symptoms and have somehow managed to convince myself i must have it!!! :(

My panic & anxiety has been so bad recently, im on edge and wound up about everything.

angietomjimandcass
08-04-09, 15:19
the anti-biotics would have stoped any risks.

nickieb
08-04-09, 15:35
Dont worry as long as you have had your tetanus jab & antiobotics you are safe xxx

Maybe_Baby
08-04-09, 16:51
thank u both..
but i only started taking the antibiotics 2day, the blister is popping then getting bigger, its really annoying me :( its like spreading down my finger

CJH86
08-04-09, 18:00
.....Im a bit like that when i cut myself or with any infection for that matter - just because HA makes me extra silly with everything!

I did have blood poisoning a couple of years back from a ruptured appendix, still here to tell the tale tho! Bear in mind that very few people get blood poisoning from simple wounds etc and also that the antibotics will nip anything in the bud :)

Maybe_Baby
08-04-09, 19:47
Thank you!!! Thats made me a little less anxious! :-)

countrygirl
08-04-09, 22:30
Sometimes with blood poisoning you get a thin red line following the vein from the injury so if you don't have this then thats really good news.
I know this as my son a few years ago stood on something sharp in bare feet and by that evening he had a raging temp and a very painful foot. when he showed it to me his foot was very red and swollen and he had two red lines going up his leg towards his knee!!!!!!!!!! he spent a week in hospital on iv antiboiotcs and at one point they were talking about operating and worrying about his foot:weep: . Thankfully the antibiotics worked and he was fine BUT the blood poisoning was obvious and he was very seriously ill - in the time it took me to get him to hospital his whole foot was black and his lower leg was blue with these two deep red lines nearly to his knee and he had a very very high temp.

so sounds like you are totally okay with just a localised infection.

have you tried bathing it in tea tree essential oil it can work wonders on infections??

Maybe_Baby
10-04-09, 16:52
Thank you so much country girl!!
Luckily i dont have a temp or a red line..
and as for your son, i hope he's ok now :)

and no i haven't, i've been given ointment to put on & antibiotics to take, but i will try that.

:D x