PDA

View Full Version : hi there folks

Jo C
08-04-09, 15:12
I'm new to the site and the forums. Been having a bit of a hard time of it of late. Four months of troubles, with constant stomach problems then breathing problems and very dramatic life problems (basically I lost everything that mattered to me in the space of a few months)... and then finally my boyfriend dumped me which triggered panic attacks and well, to be honest, a complete breakdown. However, it's been the trigger for me finally working out what has been wrong with me - it's anxiety. Crippling, awful anxiety. Started on the little pink pills (beta blockers) last week and what a difference in me in such a short time. I'm back at work this week and I am coping. I can sleep, eat and talk properly again. I can leave the house. And the FEAR has subsided. I'm almost elated at the moment. Cannot even begin to tell you what a relief it is to find this website and establish what's been so horribly wrong. The phoneline was a real lifesaver last week. And I've been making progress with the relaxation CDs and even had a strange and almost epiphanal moment in the middle of one of them when I just started laughing and the energy that's been stuck in my stomach seemed to shift.

My friend has had anxiety, OCDs and agoraphobia for years and I had no idea what she was going through. I do now. What a hero she is:I wish I had been able to support her properly when this all started for her.

Jo

kittykat
08-04-09, 15:49
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, the chatroom is very good as well, take care x

diane07
08-04-09, 16:31
Hi Jo,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

Patty
09-04-09, 00:40
Hi Jo, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

Southern_Belle
09-04-09, 03:03
Hi Jo,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Plumpetals
09-04-09, 06:26
Hi there! I’m new to the site as well, but am so happy to see that there’s so much available.
Well done for taking steps to get back control of your life. I think that takes the most courage. I hope the progress you’ve made so far keeps you optimistic and strong. Good luck!!