PDA

View Full Version : Perceived numbness in limbs and face

Lucky07
08-04-09, 16:54
Ok, so for a couple of months now I've had this numbness issues on the right half of my body. Sometimes the right side of my face feels numb and I feel like it looks funny but when I look in the mirror it's fine. Also, when I poke it, it's not really numb, but I feel like it is. Does that make sense? Also, the same thing happens in my right hand and right toes. Not really numb but they feel like they are. Sometimes I also feel like there's a rubber band around my right forearm but when I go to remove it there's nothing there. I really really don't want to go do the doctor about one more thing as it gets ridiculous if you know what I mean. Can anyone assure me that they have this too?

lesleya
08-04-09, 17:26
I get exactly the same thing hun but on my left side. I posted about it last year because it worried me to death i thought there was something seriously wrong with me, but it turns out its all anxiety related. I find when im stressed or worried its really bad and when im relaxed or not worrying about anything in particular i dont get it....weird isnt it.
Dont be nervous of asking your gp.... if its worrying you go and have a word to put your mind at ease.
Take care
xxx

CJH86
08-04-09, 18:07
Yeah i know the facial numbness thing all too well! I have had that as a part of my anxiety since i was something like 12 years old. Its an odd thing coz it feels numb but isnt entirely numb and when i poke it i can still feel it, i tend to get it on patches of my face if that makes sense.

Out of interest do you ever suffer from migranes? as migrane sufferers can get these kinda symptoms randomly even when they are not having an attack

kaz,wk
08-04-09, 21:12
Hi
I get this too .. then I start panicing im having a stroke or something but I only get this when I start thinking about it and I know its my anxiety deep down but it scares the hell out of me ... I then try to focus on some thing else and it goes away eventually... kaz :)

Lucky07
09-04-09, 01:16
Thanks everyone. I'm sorry other people get this, but Im glad I'm not the only one if that makes sense! It makes me worry about having a stroke too. I took a first aid class recently and they told us that a good way to tell if someone was having a stroke was to ask them to smile, stick out their tongue, or reach their hands over their head. All these things would be crooked or one side wouldn't work at all. Yes, I did stand in front of the mirror and do these things the other day! :blush:

CJ - no migraines thankfully.

aurora
11-04-09, 03:54
Hi, I'm dealing with the exact same thing right now (numb right side of face, which comes and goes). Glad to know it's probably just from my stressful week!

Rhian_78
11-04-09, 07:33
hi, i jsut want to say i get the same, numb by the side of my right eye and down my face, if i have a panic attack it spreads to y moth and i ge scared it will stop me breathing

i also get a patch across the left side of my right hand

can i also say to you guys who think its a stroke, be assured it isn't as you have all described it down one side, if it was a stroke, the symptoms would be on one side of your face and then the opposite side of your body. comes in handy being a nurse SOMETIMES, lol

hooray for this website, i am starting to feel sooooooooooo not alone in all this

hugs to us all

xxxxxxxxx

Natalee
11-04-09, 11:02
Hi Guys

This is my first time posting,but i have been reading for years. I have been getting strange numbness in my left arm, i too thought it was a stroke and decided to look here before i googled. I am pleased with myself and glad im not completly nuts!! Its my anxiety getting me again.:blush:

rhianna
11-04-09, 18:02
Hi

i understand exactly what you describe. I have been to the gp so many times with it and each time i've been reassured it goes away. It now takes longer to get reassured . I think it is a classic anxiety symptom.

jadeyjade
11-04-09, 18:11
i have done a thread about if before, check it out!