PDA

View Full Version : blood pressure and heart rate im obsessed

lisad77
08-04-09, 17:17
hi everyone does anyone constantly check there heart rate and blood pressure. im terrible im obsessed with them one minute my heart is so fast then so slow bp up and down like i tested bout 30 mins ago and it was bp 130/89 heart rate 102..................then did it again like 10 mins ago and it was bp 39/34 and heart rate was 44bpm plz can some body help i have been to hospital and they im fine but im scared i have pain in chest and bad thoughts that im just gona die ant minute

amandaj
08-04-09, 17:20
im same with my heart rate but i wouldnt dare buy a bp machine as i know it would make me worse your not alone with the feeling of about to die lots of us are like that on here

take care amanda

lisad77
08-04-09, 17:34
its horrible isnt it i hate being like it i just want it all to stop. i know there is worser ppl than me out there that are dying of illnesses god bless them but i feel like i am dying any minute i will just go and no one will be able to help me i have 2 kids it no fair on them cuz i always running to docs or a&e it not nice for them or me

CJH86
08-04-09, 17:43
It kinda sounds like your machine isnt calibrated properly or that the 2nd reading was faulty, as i dont think a blood pressure of that reading can actually exist. These home machine jobbies arnt the most accurate pieces of equipment...thats why most Drs still use the traditional methods of taking BP.

I know what you mean. I constantly check my heart rate as i have a hole in my heart and it freaks me out regardless of the fact ive been told my heart is completely healthy otherwise:doh:! sometimes I feel its just gonna quit on me any moment...which is silly really!.

amandaj
08-04-09, 17:45
i know its not nice, and there are people worse off ,but when you have anxiety you think your the only person feeling like it, its a very lonely illness are you on any meds or anything??

faith
08-04-09, 19:09
I have thyroid problems which effect my heart and I was told as a rough guide to go to A and E if my pulse was 140 beats a minute. My condition has worsened and my heartbeat goes up to 200 beats a minute but it was all picked up by ecg and 24hr monitoring, I suppose I am trying to say that doctors would be able to tell what is happening to you At first My heartbeat would be ok when they took pulse but eventually they picked it up I hope this helps.

Maybe_Baby
08-04-09, 19:55
I am CONSTANTLY checking/monitoring my pulse!!
Im obsessed!! It gets me so down :-(
My heart beats anything from 73-149 bpm.. It causes chest pain, air hunger, and sends my anxiety sky high.
I have had about 100 ECGs ,, 48hr tape recordings, the lot, i can't convince myself that i AM ok.
I am actually suffering a fast heartbeat/air hunger right now :-(
xxx