PDA

View Full Version : Does Anxiety Ruen Your Life?

ElliotUK
08-04-09, 21:27
If so your not the only one..

Before I had anxiety, I never had a worry in the world, never thought about my heart, chest or head, I know I would of felt a little pain, palpatation then but never thought much of it or even noticed.

As soon as I had too much ''drugs'' what made me have my first panic attack from the awareness of my heartbeat made me ''freak out'' as they say, cut long story short ever since then the anxiety kicked in, depression, irratable feelingd and anger, moodswings, emotional feelings all over the place, especially the stress of that night and lingerning on feeling like crap.

I used to drink Alcohol, like 12 beers a night on a weekend to releive my stress, to make me forget about my feelings. I then stopped drinking and smoking as soon as I got paramedics out when the panic attacks started/getting worse when I noticed, jumps in heart, mild left arm and chest pain, dizzyness,tingling, rush of adreneline through me and etc, Oh Iv had alot of reassurence as I said before, Ill list them out

3 Ambulances out All said Im fine apart from the first one where they were worried I had different blood pressure in arms, due to the drugs I guess???

2 Hospital Journeys All clear, good oxegen level, blood pressure and heart rate

3 ECGS , I had to get my last one printed off, even though they dont usually do that but I insisted lol just to look at it when I feel a panic come on, kinda dosnt help much!

3 gps on phone, 4 gps in person all said it's probably anxiety

Now I know you will think im crazy still worrying about the fact It's still happening, I aint really getting panic attacks much it's just the depression, weird feelings, dizzyness the heart thing ...

I cant stop listening and feeling my heart beat every second of the day to check of its alright, crazy as it sounds its true.

I have had reassurence on here, it's conforting but I don't understand why Im still having these feelings :emot-fail:

I'm only 18, the ecg said its normal rate etc .. would that proove im alright?

No risks? It's just in the back of my mind I feel like im phyiscally ill heart side of things.

I mean I would know if I had a a problem right? I can walk places without getting out of breath etc?

It's just the palputations all the time for quite some time now and the jumping, pausing and etc.

I really need this to be stopped and hopefully I get awnsers so it can also help others who suffer what I am, I really do hope I can get my life on track because I just feel like giving up, even though a certian member from the chat room helped me alot not so long ago I made a thread about, I felt fine untill recently its back again

Please help NMP :weep: :weep: :weep:

Elliot

marie.s
08-04-09, 21:56
Elliot..you are not alone here we have all at 1 time been like yourself. well most of us on here..are you on any kind of medication at the moment?..are you having any kind of therapy?..if not i think you should go back to your GP.and request that he give you something or re fare you to some one <IE> therapist..please have a look at the forums on here as there is a lot of information which will benefit you ..there is nothing wrong with your heart..nothing at all. if there was it would have shown up on everything that you have had done..its just that old nasty anxiety..just try and relax a little and try and not to think of it all the time..negative thinking id noooo good..positive thinking..hang in there and you will come out the other side..xx you can pm , me any time..xxxx marie

ElliotUK
08-04-09, 22:06

No no meds

lrforge
09-04-09, 00:10
Elliott, We are here for you. I am hoping I can add some comfort to your pals tho. I had them for 1 1/2 years. Got the holter and ekg, fine. Kept on for a year and a 1/2. This was after the birth of my son. About 3 months ago they got horrendous. I mean hundreds a day, my heart felt like it was skipping. SO I went in again, got a Echocardiogram done and a holter done. It caught the skipped beats, and yes, it was anxiety. As soon as I got the results back, guess what? They are gone! There is hope! I have not had any for about 1 month. Try to pay attention...when you feel the beats, are you thinking about them? Maybe go to the dr and get some meds. I JUST started zoloft again today and I am hoping this will fix me!

AlexandriaUK
06-06-09, 12:54
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes It Does