PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Plumpetals
08-04-09, 21:34
Hello -- I just joined today.

I heard about this site from a good friend of mine and decided to join to see if it can somehow help me cope with my anxiety and panic attacks. It often feels so overwhelming. I have the tendency to hold everything in, and I've found out the hard way that this is not the way for me to deal with my issues. I hope this site will be the first step in making some progress and finally being able to relax.

suzy-sue
08-04-09, 21:45
Hi and :welcome: .Youll find lots of help and support here,.
LUV SUE

Dave777
08-04-09, 21:49
Hi Plumpetals, welcome:yesyes:

Lynnann
08-04-09, 22:08
Hi Plumpetals,

:welcome: to NMP, you will find lots of help and support here and make some good friends along your road to recovery.

Lynnann:flowers:

Vanilla Sky
08-04-09, 22:31
Hi Plumpetals , you have come to the right place, it has helped me a lot you will get a lot of support Love Paige x

Southern_Belle
09-04-09, 02:52
Hi Plumpetals,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Patty
09-04-09, 08:59
Hi Plumpetals, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

amz
09-04-09, 13:15
I also suffer with anxiety and panic attacks. mine have been so bad that i worry about my health everyday.... how do you cope...???
amz x x x

mave
09-04-09, 15:37
Hi there AMZ, a not so brief outline of my day so far...
Walked round the corner to get a bus to town, legs wbbly, eyes going funny. Waited ages at the bus stop, I want to go back but wont allow myself to do that so paced backwards & forwards trying to calm down. Each time the bus stops I will it to move as if this would help! Go into McD for a coffee and hash brown, hands shaking cup spilling. Went into 5 shops couldn't get my breath in BHS took a minute to get myself together. Got another bus to drop off prescription at the Doctors, jittery stomach churning. Another bus to get to Matalan, pictured myself fainting and making a fool of myself, legs pins and needles this time. Queued ages in the bakers and thought I might get out of the queue but didn't. Then another bus home, all this took 4 hours. I have a car but panic worse when I am driving.
My panic attacks are many and varied, the one I hate the most is all my teeth hurt and then my fillings feel as if they are getting an electric shock and this then travels from teeth to toes.
I make a list of what I want to do each day and make sure I do it despite this awful curse. I do feel less anxiety as the day goes on but I wake up feeling really bad evey day and then it eases a bit. I get this even if I go out with someone. I hope this helps feel free to ask any questions.

diane07
09-04-09, 17:49
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

Plumpetals
10-04-09, 09:44
Thanks for the messages everyone!
I've taken a few days to read a few posts and try to become familiar with the site. It's comforting to know that there's so much support out there. I'm working my way to post something 'real' about my issues - but sometimes just the thought of it makes me feel anxious. As I said, I have the tendency to keep things bottled up ... which is not good. Hopefully today will be a day when i can actually let some of it out.
Thanks again!

kittykat
10-04-09, 10:01
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, and the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

woody32
10-04-09, 12:35
Hi Mave, you should feel proud of yourself for going out, despite feeling bad..well done! anxiety is a horrible thing and can relate to what youre saying...mine comes and goes, and when it does I mind goes blank and I cant remember much at all....panic i suppose. I think the worst thing anyone can do is to not face things at all, as this will make things ten times worse....face the fear and all that!
I just wanted to say I understand though, and you're by no means alone.