PDA

View Full Version : Please help ... Nasty Stabbing pain

Ddcoo
09-04-09, 08:53
I would be so grateful for some advice. In October last year I started with a nasty stabbing pain in my stomach on the left side a few inches away from my belly button, the pain was only once a day and I thought it was trapped wind trying to get through the bowel. I would have the pain once a day and not always at the same time. Then it disappeared for over a month and then came back in February. Twice the pain has disappeared for over 40 days at a time, but two weeks ago it came back with a vengeance, and during the last week it has increased to having the pain up to 7 times a day.
The pain only lasts for a second but is so sharp! I decided to visit my doctor and he examined me and said he couldn't feel anything nasty and he has referred me for a colonoscopy.

PLEASE has anyone else had a peculiar pain like this, I am really stressing about this. Thank you to anyone who can assure me.:weep:

faith
09-04-09, 09:32
I have not had this pain but I have had a lot of health problems and tests and I am having heart investigations at the moment. NOone will be able to tell you exactly what your pain is that is what tests do. You have done the best thing and I am sure that the results will sort it out. Try not to be too worried as it is not going to help as you do not have anything to worry about yet it still may be trapped wind and you could spend so much wa\sted time dwelling on it and that will just make you sick with anxiety. As I said I am having to deal with tests myself and sitting here trying to say it will be fine to go out and get my shopping without ending up in A and E which is where I was two weeks ago, I am agoraphobic. Try to put it out of your head and enjoy the easter holiday, take care

Ddcoo
09-04-09, 11:40
Thank you for your reply Faith and your kind words. I just hate the waiting time till I can get an appointment. I didn't expect anyone to have the same symptoms as myself but I thought I would ask as it always makes me feel more positive if I know someone else has had the same and come out of the other side.

I do hope all your tests results are going to be good and that you too have a peaceful Easter. Thank you again for replying.