PDA

View Full Version : Lower Back Pain

lotte_82
09-04-09, 10:25
Help....I am suffering from very severe back pain, all in the lower apart to about haf way up my back.

The thing is I have been taking laxatives daily (over 40 at once) and therefore I am scared I have damaged my Kidneys or something else inside. I am drinkng alot of water however my urine is still dak ( I know this is due to the laxatives)

Could I have damaged myself at all.....(I have only been abusing laxatives for about 4 weeks)???? I am scared to ask / tell the doctor :unsure:

Thanks

House fan
09-04-09, 16:56
Lotte

When you say 40 at once, do you mean 40 a day, or 40 several times a day? When did you start getting back pain, and are you still taking laxatives? Are they herbal or not? Can you give me some more information?

Also, when did you first notice your urine was dark!

House.

lotte_82
09-04-09, 18:43
What usually happens is every day i tell myself that im having none ( i know its bad for me you see) but then i fail and i cant rest til i have them...thats when i take all 48 at once :weep:

They are called Ex Lax not sure if there herbal or not...they have Senna in (what ever that is)

Yes my urine has been darker since taking the laxatives and I drink plenty of water, at least 6 pints aday...the anxiety makes me thirsty!!

x

kaz,wk
09-04-09, 20:08
Hi try not to worry as dark urine will be due to your recent use of laxatives be sure to replenish your body with adequate amounts of fluids .... and try to stop taking the ex lax

House fan
09-04-09, 22:46
Lotte

I don't know why you are taking so many Laxatives, are you trying to lose weight? If you are, you are fooling yourself because most calories are absorbed in the small intestine, long before the laxatives work. Anyone who thinks that by taking laxatives, they will lose weight have it all wrong. All you will lose is fluid and faeces, making you believe when you step on the scales, that you have lost weight. I can guarantee you that you have not!

What you are probably suffering from is an electrolyte imbalance, due to your abuse of the laxatives. I warn you now though that continued abuse of such a product can result in permanent damage to some of your internal organs, therefore if you feel you can't stop taking them on your own, you must seek help from your GP.

Drinking water is not enough, you have more than likely drained your body of essential minerals like potassium, calcium, sodium and magnesium. These ingredients are VITAL to wellbeing, your GP can test your blood to confirm insufficiencies, and address the problem.

House.

lotte_82
10-04-09, 07:44
Thanks everone for your replies,

Housefan - I dont take them to lose weight!! I know they dont help......Its part of my Control Issues, My Self Harm Issues....I do it to feel empty, I do it to feel the severe pain when I need to go to the toilet....It's part of this S**ty life I am living at the minute (no pun intended!!)

And yes I need to tell the Dr but again its that easy...IF i could give them up I would!!!

Thanks again
xx