PDA

View Full Version : Slightly concerned

bottleblond
09-04-09, 13:14
Hi folks

I jokingly said to Nic last night that i thought i had a blood clot in my leg but the more i think about it, the more i think it is a possibility.

When i sit at my computer, i am guilty of bending my left leg underneeth me and sitting on it. Over the past few days i have noticed that just above my left knee on the outer leg is considerable swollen. My right leg is completely normal.

Any clues? i'm not panicing, more concerned!

LISA
XXX

diane07
09-04-09, 13:27
Lisa,

it would hurt, does it?

di xx

bottleblond
09-04-09, 13:33
Would it? Um no it doesn't really hurt hun.
xxx

lorac
09-04-09, 13:52
Lisa I have had a swelling on one of my legs by my knee for about 15 years and sometimes it goes a slightly darker colour. I went to the doctor and he said it could be a bunch of viens and he wasn't worried about it unless it got any bigger. Try not to worry too much, I think the legs can get swellings from time to time but just ask your doctor to take a look next time you go to him it's probably nothing but get him to put your mind at rest.

Carol x

bottleblond
09-04-09, 13:58
Awww cheers Carol. I suppose i should'nt sit on me leg either lol
Dunno what i have done to it!
Lisa
xxx

RosieXXX
09-04-09, 13:59
Blood clots usually cause a lot of pain and the area is often red. Just above my right knee looks swollen, or at least it is bigger than the left - looks like there could be some fluid retention. If possible it might be worth getting it checked out by nurse perhaps at your local surgery - better for you not to be worrying about it over Easter.

bottleblond
09-04-09, 14:17
I never knew they were painfull or changed colour! But i have none of that.
I'm not going to go to the doctor lol
I wonder iif it could be fluid with me sitting that way all the time.
xxx

bottleblond
09-04-09, 14:23
I just noticed that it is slightly swollen under the knee too but at the oposite side! Does this sound more like fluid?

tayside lassie
09-04-09, 14:41
last year my knee was also swollen same leg and place as yourself had to go to doc as i convinced myself it was blood clot turned out to be fatty tissue in my knee .... ive heard that a blood clot anywhere in the leg is the most terrible pain .....

diane07
09-04-09, 14:41
STOP SITTING ON YOUR KNEE LOL

Probably fluid, a blood clot is a clot in the vein, thats why there is usually pain and heat, sometimes goes a bluish white colour, but as you dont have them symptoms!!!!!!!

If it doesn't clear up or any pain comes phone nhs direct if you have it there, or phone surgery.

di xx

maddie
09-04-09, 14:58
To test for a blood clot in your leg, sit with your leg straight out. Bring your toes up towards your body. There would be instant pain, and usually heat in the leg. Sounds like you have caused fluid retention, or maybe strain on the cartilage due to the position you have been sitting in.

bottleblond
09-04-09, 15:21
Maddie i did that and got no pain and no heat! :smile:

Thanks alot folks!
You have been fab!!

Di.......quit shouting...sheesh, that's EXACTLY what Nic said to me too! :doh:
Ok, Lisa makes a mental note NOT to sit with mer leg under her ample rump!! :blush:

Lisa
xxx

:hugs: