PDA

View Full Version : Doctors again

helen__w
11-08-05, 22:17
Hi

I went back to the doctors again today and he admitted me to hospital because I was dehydrated.

I was seen by 3 doctors and had an ECG, my blood taken and a chest x-ray and all was fine. However, the 2nd doctor said that he thought he could feel something in my stomach and wanted to send me for a scan but the consultant said there was no need even though he didnt feel my stomach and sent me home. He said if I'm still no better to go back to my gp. The 2nd doctor tried to persuade him to get me to come back to an out patient clinic co I could have the tests but he said no again, now I am really worried as I dont know what to think!

If I'm not getting any better, how long do I wait before I go back to my gp? I have lost nearly 2 stone - do I wait until I've lost more weight?!

Anybody got any thoughts? Thanks

Helen x

Meg
11-08-05, 22:35
If he thought he could feel something, get your GP to refer you for a scan seperately.

I didn't think you were having trouble with drinking - Are you not drinking enough ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

helen__w
11-08-05, 23:03
Hi Meg

Thanks for your reply - I will go back to the doctors to ask about the scan.

I haven't been drinking enough as it has been aggravating my burping!
I will have to try and just ignore it for now

Helen x