PDA

View Full Version : hypnosis

syers38
09-04-09, 16:28
Hi everyone,
Has anyone had hypnosis for anxiety i am thinking of this for my husband who is very down at the moment. He is on citroplan for nearly 3 weeks now but feeling worse, still waiting for tablets to kick in.

strawberry1756
09-04-09, 21:00
Hi

I have tried Hypnosis I had about 5 sessions, I was only at the begining of my Anxiety so I was running around trying to find anything that would make it disapear. I did find it quite relaxing but I didnt find any immediate relief from the anxiety, I was told to have around 14 sessions but I gave up after 5 sessions because I felt like I was getting worse. It all depends on the person I suppose and those few sessions that I had might of done something in the long run without me realising it, because I feel I am on the mend now. However that might be down the Citalopram. What dosage is your husband on? I have been on them about 10 weeks and just starting to get my life back on track Im going back to work Wednesday after having 4 months off so it will probabley just take time for him. :) xx

syers38
10-04-09, 16:01
Hi Again
Thanks for that advise , I think we shall leave the hypnosis. George has been on tablets nearly 3 weeks at 20mg. he feels sickly all the time, the feeling like someone close has just died but 24/7. I know thy feeling so i can sympasize (wrong spelling). I have told him he will get there in the end, i just hope it doesnt take too long. I am glad your feeling better and wish you all the best for the future
thanks
Love
Jan xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JohnBliss
10-04-09, 21:59
Hi there
Ihave no experience of citalopram but it does seem to be very effective if you can cope with the initial side effects which have put me off. In my time I.ve probably had 60 sessions of hypnotherapy and could not claim any long term benefits. Maybe I've just not chosen very good hypnotherapists! Next time I shall look for some personal testimonials first.
Best of luck
John

Oceanblue
11-04-09, 00:01
Hi there
Ihave no experience of citalopram but it does seem to be very effective if you can cope with the initial side effects which have put me off. In my time I.ve probably had 60 sessions of hypnotherapy and could not claim any long term benefits. Maybe I've just not chosen very good hypnotherapists! Next time I shall look for some personal testimonials first.
Best of luck
John

60 Sessions of Hypnotherapy,.. wow !! Must have cost you a small fortune.

JohnBliss
11-04-09, 12:17
Katie
It certainly did, well over £3000 !!!

PoppyC
11-04-09, 13:45
I was thinking of having hypotherapy as well as taking my citalopram. However I am not pinning too much hope on it working. Does acupuncture work for anxiety does anyone know?
Syers38 - Hopefully your husband will start feeling the benefits of citalopram. They are really beginning to now start working for me - it does take time but its worth it. If you eventually find that they dont work after a couple of months then maybe go back to your gp as you may find your husband would be better suited to another medication. I was getting a bit despondent about carrying on taking on them at one point because I wasnt seeing immediate results but I had a lot of encouragement off the site and I am so glad I did carry on taking them now.