PDA

View Full Version : Hi all - looking for similar experiences

Tori Frances
09-04-09, 17:32
Hi,

I am a young woman living in London. I have had mixed anxiety and depression for years now but have also had long periods of being well in between episodes. However this last episode has lasted several months now and am coming to end of tether. So to cut a long story short need all the support I can get. Consists of extreme anxiety symptoms, (but constant for days/weeks rather than in form of panic attacks as well as classic depression symptoms. Wonder if anyone has the same and has ideas on how to come through it?
Tori

Utility
09-04-09, 17:46
Hi

That's what you will find. It can be for some people general anxiety and others full blown panic attacks or a mixture of both. Have a look down the left hand side menu and you will find all sorts of information that will be of help.

diane07
09-04-09, 17:48
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

Veronica H
09-04-09, 19:47
:welcome: Tori. Glad you have found us.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can not recommend this enough, as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover.

Veronica

lorac
09-04-09, 20:09
Hi Tori

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

kittykat
10-04-09, 10:00
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, and the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

Plumpetals
10-04-09, 10:18
Hi Tori,
I’m new to NMP as well and can relate to your symptoms. The site has been great so far – lots of support.
I have yet to properly deal with my issues, but talking through it with people who understand should be a big help (I hope – I’ve never done this properly). I usually find myself looking for distractions. While that has been an ok temporary solution, I doubt it’s a permanent one.
Hope we can exchange ideas and support each other through this.
Good luck!

Patty
10-04-09, 14:16
Hi Tori, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

Southern_Belle
10-04-09, 14:54
Hi Tori,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Tori Frances
11-04-09, 08:59
Thanks everyone for their kind welcomes. I already feel the support from members of the forum. Am not very good with antianxiety/relaxation techniqes. I think its that my concentration is shot at the mo so find hard to follow instructions. I am finding it useful to respond to others queries as well though. Have suffered for many years and feeling like I may have something to offer others is a tiny bit of a confidence booster. So glad this site exists.