PDA

View Full Version : Just been to the doc's this morning

Peru83
12-08-05, 15:37
Not too sure where this should of been posted so I just put it here.

Last night I found it soo hard to sleep for worrying about going to the doctors, I think I slept for about 3 hours in total [|)]. This morning I felt really sick and panicky, to be honest I think I was like that because I was scared I wasn't going to say what I should, almost like I would forget what to say when I got there! I decided to have a bath before I went and to be honest didn't really make me feel good at all I actually felt really dizzy (think it could of been too hot), when I got out and sat infront of the mirror to do my hair my nose started bleeding for no reason! this made me feel particuarly anxious. Thankfully didn't go into total panic, I did parp for britian though[:I], in the taxi and everything, I was mortified[:o)].

Anyways I got a taxi there cause I just felt too shaky to walk and I took my son for company and left my man with the twins. When I got there I found I wasn't too bad, bit shaky, sweaty and parping!lol. I was soo nervous to find out what doctor I had as there is one in particular that is totally un sympathetic and makes you feel stupid! Thankfully it wasn't her, I got this really nice girl, so was soo understanding. She sat and listend to everything I had to say, I didn't feel rushed or patrinised it was a great load off my mind. I did however loose my compossure and break down in tears, I dont think she could make much sense of me at that point with all the blubering and slavering, lol, but she got me a box of tissues and told me just to take my time:D. She has managed to assure me of quite a few worries that I have had, like my health worries. Especially with the tingling in my hands and feet, she couldn't stress enough how common that was with stress and anxiety.

I asked her about my CBT and how long it would be and she informed me that I haven't been put forward for CBT I have been put forward for a Phsyciatric evaluation. Scared me a bit when she said that but I was assured it was procedure. She has also put me up to Citalopram 30mg and said that she will work me up to 40mg. I feel better with this doctor and hope to have her again. Whats bad though is I never caught her name, too busy having a bubble.

Well just thought that I would let you all know how it went.

Maybe speak to some of you in chat tonight, mind you Big Bro is on so I wont be on when that is as I will be glued to my tele with a curry! (shock with the curry eh,lol)

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Piglet
12-08-05, 17:21
Hi Claire

Well done on going to the Doctors (you can always get her name next time you phone by asking the receptionist who you saw).

Think the relief of getting there and saying how you feel is like taking the lid off the kettle - whoosh!!!!

Anyway hun hopefully will get into chat tonight but if bb is on I'll know where you are. Lol.

Love Piglet[8D]

kairen
12-08-05, 17:54
Hi Claire,

glad you got on ok at doc's, i'm sure she is quite used to people crying in front of her, i cry every time i go i think i have got used to the fact over the years that i will cry i even cry when i take my daughters and it has nothing to do with me.

It does make all the difference when you get a doctor that you can talk to properly, and yes the receptionist will give you her name, hope you manage to catch up on some sleep after all the excitement of big brother that is, take care pet and i hope things pick up for you soon

kairen x

Meg
12-08-05, 18:17
Claire,

Ring as soon as you can and ask who you saw just so you have it written down.

Think we've all been and had a good howl in there. Its fine.

Sounds like you have been referred to the Community Mental Health Team which most often means a CPN visiting you at home to assess what you need. Talk CBT to her.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sodapop
12-08-05, 19:35
Hi Claire,

I'm new to this forum but I just wanted to say thanks for posting your story. After suffering 4 months of anxiety attacks I made the decision today to visit the doctor and your experience has made me feel much more confident that they will take me seriously ! I hope I'm as lucky doctor-wise as you were !

Thank you and well done !

Sodapop

Meg
12-08-05, 23:18
Sodapop

Write down questions nad topics for discussion and a notepad to write down answers, as if you're very nervous you may not remember it all afterwards..

Let us know how you do.

Feel free to start a topic in Introductions and tell us a bit more abouit yourself.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

michelleann
13-08-05, 09:14
hi claire
hope you feeling better today sweet:D
your doctor sounds really nice, it does help to hear reassurence and im sure if you phone the clinic they will tell you her name.
hope you enjoyed bb last night:D we new ant would win!!!!
speak to you soon
love michelle xxx

pips
13-08-05, 11:48
Hi Claire,

Well Done for going to the Drs hun. It isn't easy I know but you did it and all went well so i am pleased for you.

Take it easy and enjoy your curry!!!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Sarah-Jane
14-08-05, 01:33
Well done for going to the doctors:D im proud of you xx

a shame that not everyone has a good doctor like you, definately find out the dr's name :D

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx