PDA

View Full Version : my god, I am freaking out! help me please....

cheekycharlie
10-04-09, 10:50
Just posted a thread about being anxious with new meds, well I just googled mine that I am taking for a urine infection & was a website with loads of people on saying it is awful & they have nearly died from it & I am now so scared..... should I carry on taking the meds?

Fingerz
10-04-09, 10:57
Was it Google? Any concerns ring your doctor straight away. Besides the GP wouldn't prescribe any medication she thought was going to kill you now would they?

finny12000
10-04-09, 10:59
charlie i know no one thats died from tablets for a urine infection at all
and its important the infection is treated.
google is evil for health anxiety sufferers and should be banned
so no more googling and take them tablets girl

cheekycharlie
10-04-09, 11:04
I took the first tab at 10.15, I felt fine & had a shower & everything & now feel a bit sick but been feeling sick cos of urine infection anyway. I typed the med into google & it took me to a site that I clicked on & a lot of people had posted their reactions to this med. Some said it happened within minutes & some said they were struggling to breathe after 3 hrs of taking the meds. shaking now cos so scared. xx

finny12000
10-04-09, 11:42
i try and not look at possible side effects on any tablets any more
as i know what will happen with me.
those tablets will have been tried and tested for years and proven to help with your infection so i would try not to worry and think of good they are doing ok

PoppyC
10-04-09, 11:53
Hi!
I have stopped reading patient info leaflets now because I too find I sit waiting for all the rare side effects to happen....by now I should have gone into anaphalytic shock (spelt wrong I know) from taking citalopram but weeks on I am still here and breathing and cant stop talking!!!:blush:
Think of all the thousands of people who take the medication for urine infections each year without any problems. A teeny percentage will have a reaction but that is the same with any medication and the same with foods and drinks. There will always be a small percentage of people who will react badly but even if they do, then there is help for them. If people were dying on that medication it would be withdrawn - people only seem to hear and read the bad things and not the good.
A water infection untreated will cause you more damage in the long run than any medication will and can become very serious left untreated. Keep taking the tablets and also try drinking plenty of fluids including cranberry juice which I find helps a lot.
I hope you are feeling much better soon! :flowers:

cheekycharlie
10-04-09, 12:14
thanks guys, its been 2 hrs now since took my first tablet & I feel ok apart from scaring myself. lol I know if anything was going to go wrong it would have done by now. Tabs hit your bloodstream within 30mins of taking them so I know I would have had a reaction by now if was going to have one right? I know I need to take the meds as I am forever weeing & am feeling sick and have been sick & have tummy pains with it.

Guess this stems from when I first started suffering from anxiety, docs prescribed me a too higher dose of a medication & I was very ill & since then suffered from health anxiety. xx

Thanks for your kind words all. xxx