PDA

View Full Version : My First Proper Post

Plumpetals
10-04-09, 13:34
*Deep breath*

Here we go …

I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks, low self-esteem, slight OCD, and occasional bouts of depression. I have so much on my plate that I find it hard to deal with my anxiety, so I just keep it all in and hope that it passes. Well, it usually doesn’t. Instead, when I can’t take it anymore, I have a full blown panic attack; I see increases in my OCD; and in the worst cases, I fall into depression which just lowers my self-esteem. It’s a slippery slope – and I’m sliding.

The truth is, while I have lots of friends around me, I don’t think anybody gets my issues. Some things do seem really trivial, but to me they’re not. So, instead of having to explain how ‘weird’ I am, some things get laughed off as quirks, and others are kept bottled inside – and they stay there. I hope that this site gives me a chance to relieve some of this bottled up frustration … and find some peace.

reallyfedup
10-04-09, 13:51
:welcome:
I hope it does too. People here are lovely and so supportive I'm sure it will help you x:bighug1:

Utility
10-04-09, 14:52
Hi

This site will help. I do think you should go to your GP and just have a chat about how you feel because there are all sorts of support areas out there that will be able to help. Your GP might just be the person to point you in the right direction.

Cat80
10-04-09, 15:40
Welcome to the fourms, I know just how you feel as I have GAD (general anxiety disorder), moderate depression and a small amount of OCD. I would definately go and talk to your Dr and see if they think you need some meds. Meds may sound scary but once you've found the right ones will really help you. We are always here if you need a chat :)

krog
10-04-09, 16:01
Hi there,

This site has helped me a lot.
Its great to chat with like-minded people who 'get' how you feel.
For me, this site is by far the best sort of therapy.
Whenever I am low or suffering from a bout of anxiety, I log on here and just 'vent' :D
I hope you get to feel the same.
Take care.

krog.

GirlAfraid23
10-04-09, 18:55
*Deep breath*

Here we go …

I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks, low self-esteem, slight OCD, and occasional bouts of depression. I have so much on my plate that I find it hard to deal with my anxiety, so I just keep it all in and hope that it passes. Well, it usually doesn’t. Instead, when I can’t take it anymore, I have a full blown panic attack; I see increases in my OCD; and in the worst cases, I fall into depression which just lowers my self-esteem. It’s a slippery slope – and I’m sliding.

The truth is, while I have lots of friends around me, I don’t think anybody gets my issues. Some things do seem really trivial, but to me they’re not. So, instead of having to explain how ‘weird’ I am, some things get laughed off as quirks, and others are kept bottled inside – and they stay there. I hope that this site gives me a chance to relieve some of this bottled up frustration … and find some peace.

You're post sounds just like me

I know exactley what you're going through :bighug1:

Plumpetals
11-04-09, 07:03
Thanks for your replies. I do hope that this site will help. At least it’s a place where I can release some of my frustrations, which definitely helps me feel a bit better!