PDA

View Full Version : All was going well and then......

krog
10-04-09, 15:58
.........I phoned up Virgin Media to request that they only charge me what they charge new customers for the services that I have with them !

I checked on their website beforehand that the offers were for existing as well as new customers and then decided to give them a call.

The person I spoke to at customer services refused point blank to match the prices that are shown online and even when I pointed out to her that it was clearly stated on their website that it was an open offer she refused to budge.

As the debate ran on I could feel myself getting more tense and so I decided to end this futile chat and asked the person to file a complaint for me. That seemed to send her into a panic and she started to raise her voice and insist that I repeat my complaint word for word so that she could type it into her system.

By this time, my anxiety levels were starting to go into meltdown. My chest felt like it was going to explode and my breathing was becoming rapid and very shallow. Okay, it was now time to put into practise the relaxation technique that my therapist had taught me. This seemed to help a little and I began to recognise that it was my reaction to the situation that was making me feel like this rather than any sudden onset of an underlying health issue.

Before the customer services rep submitted the complaint, she put me on hold while she 'discussed the issue' with a colleague. On her return she said that she would submit the complaint but she was now going to pass me on to someone else who may be able to help !

Now, this is where it starts to get silly and it leads to the climax of my tale.

The next person I spoke to was from another department and he went through my details and then asked me what it was that I was after. I explained (again) and he said.....pause for drum roll.....'no problem sir' !!!

He told me what I already knew about the offers being for existing customers as well and then said that the person I had initially spoken to did not have access to the 'screens' he had access to.

Okay, 20 mins later I get the saving that I am after but at what cost ?
My anxiety levels are through the roof and it will probably take the full Easter break to calm down :weep:

The daft thing is, all I was after was a £3 a month reduction !
So £3 saved at the cost of the next few days in a state of heightened anxiety.

I really have to stop being a Victor Meldrew :D

Cheers
krog.

syers38
10-04-09, 16:17
he he been there got the T shirt only with sky. Your thread made me giggle we are all mad and yoyu wonder why xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Plumpetals
11-04-09, 14:58
OMG – There’s nothing like bad customer service to start off an anxiety attack!! I have totally been in that situation where you’re at some imbecile’s mercy – unfortunately at the expense of your own sanity!

I’m glad you got what you wanted in the end!! J

vickykelly
11-04-09, 15:57
hi, I work for virgin media, thats not funny!