PDA

View Full Version : MS or anxiety?

Fingerz
10-04-09, 18:55
For the last few days my arms and legs have been very weak and ive had a headache today. If feels like muscle ache but not constant and im getting pins and needles down them as well. Right now I have a muscle type ache in the joint of my right arm. My jaw has felt inflamed this morning and i am so scared. Also today I just fell asleep because i came over very tired. Ive also got pain down my back and a bit around my spine. I can feel funny tingling sensations in my toes and fingers and my palms ache a bit. It feels like its got a bit worse over the last few days. My neck is a little bit stiff. Am i just being unrationale? Does any of this point to MS? Please help.

sahara
10-04-09, 18:59
It sounds like plain 'ole anxiety to me mate :hugs:

agent orange
10-04-09, 19:55
These symptoms do not necessarily mean M.S, I have a lot of aches and pain and i too worry about M.S and I had a scan for said problem which was negative. Anxiety, tiredness can cause lots of weird symptoms. Do not google and try and relax. Anxiety symptoms when chronic can take a long time to go away.
Take care..

AntiLove_SuperStar
10-04-09, 20:34
I don't think MS happens over a few days! Almost certainly anxiety. I have all of those kinda symptoms from time to time, some days I feel dreadful.

Amiill
10-04-09, 22:11
I have had the same symptoms recently and saw a neurogolist. He told me i was fine and to put a line under it? Anxiety is a crazy thing!!!!

Some of the greater things in life are unseen thats why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry, or dream..

xfilme
11-04-09, 01:34
For the last few days my arms and legs have been very weak and ive had a headache today. If feels like muscle ache but not constant and im getting pins and needles down them as well. Right now I have a muscle type ache in the joint of my right arm. My jaw has felt inflamed this morning and i am so scared. Also today I just fell asleep because i came over very tired. Ive also got pain down my back and a bit around my spine. I can feel funny tingling sensations in my toes and fingers and my palms ache a bit. It feels like its got a bit worse over the last few days. My neck is a little bit stiff. Am i just being unrationale? Does any of this point to MS? Please help.

With regards your above comments, Iron deficiency causes muscle weakness, pins and needles in your hands and feet, problems relating to your mouth, aches in your spine, running water sensations in your hands and feet and extreme tiredness... are you by any chance vegetarian? or not eating properly? or have you just experienced a traumatic incident at all? Other signs of iron deficiency are pale skin, mouth ulcers, anaemia, brittle nails, dry hair and dizziness. It also causes neurological symptoms such as confusion and poor concentration and on occasions memory loss.... have you been eating enough meat lately? It is far more likely than MS.... and the symptoms are so similar, they often get misdiagnosed as ms... usually by self diagnosis. If you need any more info on if low iron could be a possibility, give me a shout as I suffer iron deficiency myself x