PDA

View Full Version : Cholesterol results

eurotrashcub
10-04-09, 19:27
Hello

About a month ago I volunteered to be a guinea pig for Health urvey for England and I received the results of my cholesterol reading today:

Total 5.1
HDL 1.0

The total is 0.1 above the desired range and the HDL is within normal limits.

Now, many people here would worry at the 0.1 result over buut god I am so pleased!

I mean I am quite a big boy, I eat more thgan I should and I do not look after myself as I should so I am well pleased that m,y cholesterol is not rocket high. My blood pressure is normal as well, so this has really made me feel so much better about the whole 'i am going to have a heart attack' fear!

Yay!

suzy-sue
10-04-09, 19:36
Thats excellent news, id be thrilled if that was me.Havnt had mine done for years,.As i havnt had any cause to,(touch wood):doh: . ALL THE BEST sue x

honeybee3939
10-04-09, 20:32
Richard

Thats a excellent result:) .

My result was 7.4 the first time i had it done then a few weeks ago it had dropped to 6.9 which is still high:weep: but im trying my best to lower it still !:)

Andrea
xxxx

Sambapati85
10-04-09, 22:11
congratulations on the results. honey bee i would recommend cutting out red meat completely , and switch to soy from dairy products. The best thing you can do is take atleat 1 gram of epa dhl fish oil a day.

honeybee3939
10-04-09, 22:18
Hi Sam

Thanks for that will give it a try:) . I have cut out red meat just having chicken and fish now, i have a prescription for Statins but im trying to lower it myself:) . Im a big believer in we are what we eat so im trying to eat the healthy way to avoid medication.

Thanks once again
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx