PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

tobz0r
11-04-09, 01:01
Long-time-lurker, first-time-poster here. I'm a 19 year old student in my second year of three.

I won't give a full life story, but this is the sum of my problems. Around the age of 9 or 10 I started to have problems with a fear of being sick (emetophobia). This went on for a while but subsided, and I spent most of the years between then and now with minimal issues. I am very rarely sick or even really ill at all.

Around Christmas 2007 at the end of my first term at university, and after a typically student-style Christmas Eve celebration, a particularly bad hangover the next day kept me in the bathroom for most of the day - never actually being sick, just feeling like I was going to be. This proved to be the beginning, I think, of my problems with Panic Disorder and anxiety in general. Since then it has been getting progressively worse, breaking my confidence in just about every respect.

Today I am a shell of my former self, rarely going out socially and having to plan meticulously when I do. I've tried various medications for the problem, initially Propranolol then onto Citalopram, and now Mirtazapine. My life has competely changed because of this problem and I'm currently trying anything I can to help it - so here I am to talk about it! :)

Patty
11-04-09, 02:04
Hi Tobz0r, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)

nikita
11-04-09, 10:38
Hi there and welcome tobzOr. This site will be of great support to you and you will also be able to help others too.

Southern_Belle
11-04-09, 15:31
Hi Tobz0r,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

kittykat
12-04-09, 16:03
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, lots of good advice and support here, the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx