PDA

View Full Version : diiferent symptoms each time u have an attack

tracy1972
11-04-09, 01:32
does anyone else that suffers with panic attacks notice a different symptom each time and maybe not the same panic attacks symptoms each time you have an attack which then makes you panic even more cause it is something really small that is different or not happening this attack and it makes your attack 20 times worse still please reply would like to know if i am the odd one out or of it happens to others

Nicola_lou
11-04-09, 07:44
Yeah and I find once u get use to one thought or symtoms you always develope a new one

StephdeMeth
12-04-09, 22:27
Yes, I've found that. Not necessarily every time, but every time once all the normal symptoms have passed, something else will happen - for example last time I passed out! Scared the life out of the friend that was with me - he called an ambulance (bless him). But yeah, it varies from person to person I guess. Each panic attack is unique in its own way, and we just have to take each one as it comes.

bel25
12-04-09, 23:12
Yeah, absolutely! When i first got PA the main symptom was a pounding heart, everything else with it was the usual- sweating, shaking and felt sick so i didn't want to eat much and didn't sleep coz of worrying (in heighnsight not eating or sleeping didn't help) and it took me a while (about 2 or 3 months) to fully recover from that. Joined the gym once i was feeling a lot better and that really helped- had no attacks for about a year. Then work stress built up and i started gettin attacks again but as you say, in a different form- got the dizziness, depersonalisation, skipping of heartbeats, chest pain, which was all terrifying- made me feel sick again so i didn't eat much for about a week and so had to go through the recovery process all over again- took me about 2 months. I still sometimes get attacks but after it's happened i just try to forget about it, which prevents me getting into a state. If you have any questions e-mail me :-)
take care
xxx